Chapter 5 | Wendy

"We have a problem." Mike said, "They're gone."

"Gone." Lena repeated. "They're gone, both of them. They ran away?"

"This just keeps getting worse and worse." Stef staggered as she put her hands on her temples.

"What are we gonna do?" Lena questioned.

"We're gonna put out a missing persons." Mike agreed with Stef. "They're 16 years old, Lena. We don't need them on the streets, driving around, staying God-knows-where, doing God-knows-what."

"I'll go to the station." Mike offers. Stef and Lena nod in agreement. Mike turns around and walks out the door and gets into his car.

"I'll make calls to some of Brandon and Callie's friend's parent's." Lena adds. "To see if they have contacted any of them, I'm gonna grab my address book."

"Ok, thanks love." Stef thanked Lena, and placed her hand on Lena's arm before we walked her the living room.

Brandon and Callie at been driving for about an hour. They didn't have a destination, or a plan. But at least they were together.

"Brandon, I still can't believe we ran away." Callie said as she shook her head. "We are absolutely crazy." She laughed before grabbing Brandon's face and planting a kiss on his lips.

"Crazy in love." He said as they leaned away from the kiss. They both laughed and had a smile on their faces from ear to ear. They were together. They were in love. They didn't care about anything else, at least for now.

"Well, what should our first adventure be, Mr. Brandon Foster?" Callie wondered.

"You know what I've always wanted to do?"

"What?" She smirked, facing Brandon in the driver's seat.

"Stay in a motel."

"Really? There kind of creepy."

"So? It will be our first adventure , Wendy."

"Wendy?" Callie questioned, she was very confused.

"Wendy, from Peter Pan. She liked to go on adventures." Brandon said slowly.

"Oh yeah." She said sliding back into her seat, going along with him.

"Mike just called me, he reported Callie and Brandon. Within 24 hours, their pictures will be plastered everywhere in a 100 mile radius." Stef spoke to Lena as she walked back into the kitchen.

"And I just got off of the phone with the last set of parents on my list. None of their kids said Brandon or Callie contacted them." Lena stopped speaking and sat next to Stef. "I'm so worried about them. I don't want them getting into trouble. It's going to get dark in a few hours. What is something happens to them?" Her eyes were beginning to be drowned by tears.

"Oh love, everything will work itself out." Stef said pulling Lena towards her and wrapping her arms around Lena's body. "They will be safe. They will come home to us." She continued to speak, but then whispered, "I hope."

Brandon and Callie drove about two more hours until they needed gas, so they stopped at the nearest station to fill up. The gas station they went to was not that busy, and had dimmed lighting. Brandon drove the car into a pump and got out of the car. Callie followed behind him and got out of the car, too.

"Hey I have to go to the bathroom, and I'm gonna get something to drink. Do you want anything?" Callie followed Brandon with her eyes as he made his way around the car to put gas in the tank.