Chapter 78 | Gobble Gobble

"Callie, hurry up! We're gonna miss our flight!" Brandon yelled as he stood with the door open, huddled around their luggage with Em and Colleen in their carriers.

"I'm coming!" She hollered back, scurrying to them in her gray jeans and one of Brandon's t-shirts.

Brandon, Callie, Em, and Colleen were on their way to the airport to catch a plane to San Diego. Lena and Stef had invited them back for a Thanksgiving celebration. They were hoping since the girls were a little older now, the flying experience would be a little more bearable and predictable.

And it was. Em and Colleen were total troopers on another five hour flight back home. One little mishap did happen on the plane though. Em stunk up the place temporarily. But that was inevitable.

The little family of four were walking out of the airport, ready to catch a cab when they spotted Mariana in the distance.

"Mariana?" Callie shouted through the air as they approached her. "What are you doing here?" She asked with a smile, wrapping one arm around her because her other arm was being used by Colleen.

"I just landed too, I thought I could drive you guys, so you don't have to take one of those gross taxis," she sassed before attempting to haul a piece of luggage into the trunk, but ultimately giving up by the weight of the medium-sized suitcase.

"Yeah, I wouldn't even try to pick those up," Callie told as she got into the passenger seat, leaving Brandon to put the luggage in the trunk and sit in the back seat with Em and Colleen. "Brandon insisted on only having one bag. Other than things for the girls."

Mariana giggled at the sight of Brandon shoved in the small back seat as she drove away, headed for the Adams Foster household. Jesus took one year 'rest,' but really he didn't know what he wanted to do. Jude was a senior, so home was where he lived.

Brandon, Callie, Em, Colleen, and Mariana hustled to the front door, eager to see their family. Mariana practically sprinted to the front door, leaving Brandon and Callie bobbing baby things in their hands, one of the things being the portable crib. This was one thing they wouldn't have to worry about. Since Em and Colleen had started crawling, even though it was just little crawls every now and then, Brandon and Callie have been letting them play in the portable crib if they couldn't keep their eyes on them for every second. There has been more than one occasion where they have both fallen asleep in it, making Callie and Brandon feel confident they wouldn't mind sleeping in them for the next three days.

"Callie! Brandon! Get in here!" Stef playfully shouted in the doorway before noticing their struggle and running out to help them.

"Hi, mom," Brandon smiled, letting go of the suitcase handle in his hand and the diaper bag around his shoulder. "Thanks," he mumbled as she grabbed Em in her carrier from him aggressively, seeking baby time, thinking she was trying to help him out. But Stef and Em didn't get much face-to-face time because as soon as she walked up the porch steps, Lena snatched her out of the carrier and headed inside.

"Hey!" Stef joked before looking back at Brandon and Callie following closely behind her. "Good thing you have two," she grinned, taking the entire carrier from Callie to steal Colleen.

"Jude?!" Callie shouted to find him once everyone was behind the closed door, her and Brandon were stuck in the entry way with their belongings.

"Hey guys. Jude's not here," Jesus said in a mellow tone, coming through the short kitchen hallway towards them. "You look good, Callie." Suddenly, there was weird thick air in the room from the way he said it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked with her eyes squinted at him, looking over her shoulder to Brandon to see if he knew what Jesus meant. The only thing Brandon was doing was staring straight at Jesus, shaking his head ever so slightly, warning him to proceed with caution.