Chapter 77 | Take Me To Neverland

Brandon stealthily roamed through the front door and into the kitchen with his hands behind his back, watching Callie feed Em and Colleen pureed peaches. He had a devilish grin on his face as he continued to stare at her.

"Brandon, where have you been? I woke up and you were gone," Callie whined. "I saw the note, but where did you go?" She kept glancing at him, waiting for him to say or do something besides creeping her out with his eyes. Brandon whipped his arms in front of him, revealing four hangers, each attached to different fabric. "What are those?" She asked, not really needing too.

"Halloween costumes," he smiled, walking towards her so she can examine them further. "Get it?" He asked as she put down the spoon in her hand and grabbing the costumes, seeing lots of green, some black and grey, and some blue.

"Peter Pan?"

"Mhm mhm" Brandon hummed while nodding his head, kissing her temple since she got it right. "I thought I could be Peter Pan, even though it came with tights," he mumbled, causing Callie to laugh. "You could be Tinker Bell, Em could be Wendy, and Colleen could be-"

"Yeah, what exactly is this?" She interrupted him, scrunching her eyes at the child costume that resembles the Peter Pan one, except it wasn't green, it was black and shades of gray.

"Peter Pan's shadow," he slyly told, completely letting the fact she didn't let him finish slide.

"That's clever," she applauded the store, then looked back at the costume Brandon chose for her. "There's...um...not that much fabric on this one."

"About that. They only had sexy Tinker Bell left in the shop," he lied. Callie nodded her head slowly, acknowledging they both know that they both know he's skimming the truth. "I'll go back and get the other one," he sighed, letting the fabric hit the floor as his arms dropped.

"Doesn't matter, we don't need them anyway. It should be returned to get our money back," Callie shrugged, going back to spooning orange mush into Em and Colleen's mouths.

"What? Why?"

"It's not like we're going anywhere," she pointed out. They didn't make any Halloween plans. She could tell Brandon was blatantly disappointed. "Are you serious? Brandon, we're not going to march around New York neighborhoods for two children than can't eat candy, can't walk, and won't even remember this day."

"C'mon, Cals. I know this is cheesy and not like us, but it could be fun. I know Em and Colleen won't remember, but we can take a picture and use it to embarrass them when their older."

"That could be fun," Callie grinned.

"Go try it on," Brandon smirked, giving her the Tinker Bell costume and shoving her back out of the chair she was sitting in.

"B, I'm not wearing this. I'm gonna call the shop and ask if they have a different one so I don't make a trip for nothing." Callie went into the bedroom while Brandon took over feeding the girls. He heard her speak for a few seconds, but then her voice became muffled as she roamed into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, Callie came out in a bright lime green, spaghetti strapped dress. And a cheap one at that. The fabric was thinner than a piece of paper. She may as well have been naked. The "dress" had a low neckline and was very short in length. There were also cheap fabric wings on her back, along with a hair tie wrapped in her hair, with two puff balls in her hand that were intended to be stuck on shoes, preferably flats. Brandon was speechless, but holding back laughter.

"I can't wear this, Brandon. But the place is closed. Why the hell would they close a costume shop on Halloween at noon?"

"Maybe 'cause it's a holiday." His funny joke did not make Callie laugh, but instead, she scowled at him as he finally let his own giggles go. "I guess you could be Wendy instead of Em. That would be better actually. Remember when we ran away?" They both laughed, thinking back to the bad decisions they made to fight for what they wanted and Brandon calling Callie 'Wendy'.

"Is that why you chose Peter Pan?"

"Maybe...go take that off and find a blue dress or anything that has blue in it." He wiped Colleen and Em's faces to clean them up from messy pear sauce, placed Em in the bouncer hanging from the bathroom door and put Colleen in the portable crib to play, and grabbed a pile of clothes from the nursery, trying to find anything that was green for Em to wear.

Brandon ended up pulling a green peplum shirt and white cotton pants, figuring that was good enough. He also reached for some shoes, attaching the white puff balls to the tip, mimicking Tinker Bell's appearance.

"How do know so much about this stuff?" Callie asked once she saw Em's outfit laid out on the table after successfully finding a blue dress.

"I grew up with Mariana...and I saw the picture on the package and have a good memory," he hollered from the keyboard.

"Right," she walked towards him, setting her hands on his shoulders once she got to him. "My very sexy husband is a world-class pianist, trained to memorize long pieces of music."

"I'm not world-class," he tried to dumb down the complement, loosing his slight train of thought when Callie's hands traveled down his chest, her head resting on his shoulder. "So we really aren't gonna at least walk around the streets?"

"No," she blurted, retracting her hands quickly because he ruined the moment. "It's busy, and it's a little cold outside, plus I don't want to."

"Uh, okay?" He softly laughed at the way she said it.

Around 5:30, Brandon and Callie dressed in their outfits, Callie obviously laughing at his legs in dark green tights. She couldn't believe he got that one in the first place. She put on a light blue, cap-sleeved night gown she's had since she was seven. Now it was time to put Em and Colleen into their costumes, which was not without difficulty. Colleen was a little fussy after being layered with black and gray fabric. They couldn't even imagine Em putting up with it. She would probably just cry and cry.

Callie set up her camera on her tripod, placing it so it would capture them in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows. The city was already lighting up with spirit from the setting autumn sun. It took her several tries to get everything correct with the lighting.

Callie pressed the automatic capture, giving them 10 seconds to get into place. Brandon had Colleen sitting forward in his arms and Callie picked Em up off the floor and mirrored his hold. Ten seconds was actually more time than they needed because by seven seconds, both Em and Colleen were getting ansy from staying still for only a few seconds.

"Say happy Halloween," Callie cheered to the girls just before the camera went off, even though she knew they wouldn't respond with anything other than babbles and coos.

___________________

A/N- Hey hey hey! I'm sorry this one is so short, next chapter won't be though, I promise! Thank you so much for reading! I hoped you enjoyed! XOXO