Chapter 39 | Resurrection

"How can I make this okay?" Callie pleaded, looking at Brandon pacing around the living room while she sat on the couch.

"I don't know. I'm thinking." Brandon mumbled and rubbed the back of his neck, still pacing. Him and Callie had spent the entire Sunday speaking very little. "I want you to tell me what happened." He finally came to a decision.

"I did."

"No, start to finish. From the minute you got there to the minute I found you in our bathroom."

"Brandon, I don't think this is a good idea." She said, shaking her head and looking at the floor.

"Why? What don't you want me to know? Did you do more than kiss?"

"No!" She saw that Brandon wasn't going to let up. Maybe this could work, telling him what happened. "Okay, uh. When we got there, I freaked out because well, we're underage and were in the middle of a bar. Some guys bought us drinks. I didn't drink it," she answered his questioning glare. "Then we were dancing, and then Mariana got kicked off the bar top-"

"You danced?" He seemed surprised.

"I was surprised too."

"And Mariana was dancing on the bar?"

"She was pretty wild. I don't think I've ever seen her so..."

"Idiotic." He finished her sentence. When did Brandon become so judgmental?

"I was going to say free."

"Continue," he sat on the chair opposite the couch.

"Then she found Wyatt through the crowd and called him over. He sat down and we all talked for...I don't know how long, maybe a half an hour? We were laughing and catching up, and then Mariana got a text from Mat and she left. So me and Wyatt sat and talked for maybe an hour. That's when I told him me and you are together." Brandon scoffed softly as Callie spoke. "And then some drunk girl danced into me and spilt her drink on me. So I went to go wash up, Wyatt came in, he kissed me, I pushed him off."

"That's all." Brandon asked, but said more as a statement. "He just walked up and kissed you? Out of nowhere."

Callie went blank. How in detail did Brandon want her to go? "He walked in and pushed me against the brick wall. He kissed me, I kissed him back for 2 seconds then I pushed him off. He tried to kiss me again and I kept trying to push him off. I panicked, my leg scraped against the brick. I felt his hand pull on the zipper of that ridiculous dress I was wearing, I panicked even more. I told him to stop, he got angry, I peeled myself off the wall and ran to the door. I tripped and hit my head on a table before running onto the sidewalk and walking home. I didn't know my head was bleeding. And that's about it, I think."

"This is all your fault," Brandon stood and said to Mariana as she walked through the door with the same clothes on from yesterday.

"Brandon." Callie said softly, trying to stop him from losing his mind and yelling at her.

"What's all my fault?" She was instantly nervous, sensing the very tense air.

"None of this would of happened if you hadn't taken her to that stupid bar!" He shouted at Mariana.

"None of what?"

"Aren't you supposed to be in a dorm room or something? You can't live here you know! If that's what you were thinking!"

"I'll go then," Mariana was angry that her brother was yelling at her for an unknown reason. She walked to the guest room and gathered her things, shoving them in her suitcase. Brandon came through the door, mumbling something to himself.