Chapter 54 | Scheduling

Brandon and Callie were walking home from there 25-week check up with a 3-D sonogram of their twins in their hands. This was the first picture where they could see their little faces and fingers. They couldn't wait to send a picture to Mariana and talk to her.

Just as they walked through the door, their shoes and coats were thrown onto the floor, and they were huddled in the kitchen. Brandon snapped a picture of the sonogram with his cell phone and sent it to Mariana. Callie got up and sat on the count, with much difficulty. As soon as the message said 'delivered' Mariana's sassy pose popped up on his screen.

"AHHHH!" Loud, screeching screaming came through the phone.

"Mariana!" Brandon and Callie yelled back after giving each other an eye roll, hoping that would make her be quiet long enough for them to get a word in. What else would they expect when it came to Mariana?

"I'm sorry, I just can't wait until they're born!" She squealed again. "Oh my god, do you have names? You should name one Mariana!" She laughed.

Brandon and Callie just stared blankly at each other. They really hadn't thought of names. That was always something they could put off.

"Uh...we're gonna wait until they're born to name them." Brandon thought of something to fill the silence coming from both ends.

"That'll be fun!"

"How's school?" Callie asked.

"Kicking my ass," she expressed with a chuckle. "It's hard but I'm good at it. So...let's talk more about the two girls that will be joining the world soon. What color's the nursery?"

"White," they said simultaneously, the room filling with high-pitched noise again. "We actually just finished the final touches before we left for the doctor's today."

"Ooh! I'm gonna send a package with clothes and cute stuff!" Mariana giggled.

"Where are you?" Brandon wondered, referring to the loud bickering coming from the other end of the phone that vaguely reflected the voices of people they knew.

"With moms," she lowered the tone in her voice. "Well not...with. I'm laying on my bed. I'm visiting for the weekend. Jude and one of his friends were fighting, I think."

"Isn't it like a seven hour drive from Stanford?"

"Yeah," there was a sudden pause. "Brandon and Callie," it was clear to them she was now talking to someone else. "Anyway-"

"Who was that?" Callie interjected.

"Mom. She heard be screaming and came up stairs. She asked me who I was talking to."

"Are they still mad?"

"Honestly, they're still holding a little bit of a grudge, but I think they just really miss you guys. Maybe you guys should come here to see them."

"I don't know-" Brandon began but was interrupted by Callie.

"You haven't told them I'm pr-"

"No!" Mariana spoke quickly, then they heard more talking on the other end.

'Can we talk to them?' They heard softly.

"Uh..." Mariana started but Lena took the phone out of her hand.

"Brandon...Callie?"

"Mama?" He couldn't believe that they were actually speaking. "Yeah, it's me. Hold on, your mom's here too. I'll put you on speaker."

"Brandon?" Stef breathed.

"Yes, mom. It's me." He was weary of how he should react.

"A-and Callie, your there too, right?" Lena asked calmly.

"Yeah, I'm here." These weird statements were getting old...and awkward.

"H-how are you guys?" When it was all laid out on the table, of course they still cared for them, they are their children. Even if they weren't gonna say it, they missed them a lot.

"We're good. We're fine."

"Oh, that's great," Lena said more as a question.

"Okay well, we just wanted to make you were alright." Stef spoke as if she were ready to stop the call.

"Could we talk to Mariana again?"

"Sure, honey."

"We love you," Callie managed to get out before they handed off the phone.

"Hello?" Mariana said, bringing her cell back to her ear. "Well, that was weird."

Brandon and Callie made dinner after they hung up with Mariana. They talked for another 20 minutes after Stef and Lena left. They were happy to hear their voices, but it made them sad that they were so distanced. They could tell their moms were acting guarded.

They sat around the table this time to eat dinner. They had cooked tilapia and asparagus. Callie usually likes fish, but she hated it that night, but suffered through it, knowing it was good for her and the babies.

While they were folding down the blankets about to go to sleep, Callie couldn't help but wonder about actually going to see the family in San Diego. The other part of the only family she has.

"B, maybe it is a good idea that we go."

"No," he laughed as they got into bed.

"Why not? By the time I'm due, there will only be a few more weeks of school left. Then by the time they're old enough to fly, it'll be summer."

"Callie-"

"I know some planes let two-week old babies on board, but I'm not comfortable with putting our girls on a 5 and a half hour flight."

"Maybe," he shrugged.

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not? What have we got to loose? If everything goes right, then they will have two grandmas and a whole family of support. If everything goes wrong, then they'll just have a grandpa they can spend time with. Oh crap...I haven't told my dad." They both laughed. They were bad at keeping the people that actually still wanted to be in their lives up to date.

"Okay. I don't really want to think about though because the thought of Stef, Lena, Mike, Jude, Jesus, Mariana, and whoever the hell else is there meeting our girls before they've even been born kind of freaks me out."

"And I don't know who would want a screaming new born on their flight anyway."

_____________________

A/N- Hoping two chapters makes up for the fact that they're both short, but important! The chapter after next, the babies will be born [ or not born;) ]! Stay tuned! Like always, I appreciate you talking the time to read my story! I hope you liked it! XOXO