Chapter 13 | Not Over For Long

The car ride to the drug store was quiet. So quiet that they only things that could be heard were Brandon and Callie's fast pumping hearts. The drug store was only a few minutes from the house.

Brandon pulled into the parking lot and into the closest spot he could find to the entrance.

"I'll be right back." Callie said, gripping her wallet tightly in her hand as she reached her other one to the door handle.

"No. I'm coming with." He said softly, grabbing the door handle as well.

"Brandon, you don't have to." She looked over to him.

"Callie."

She gave in quickly, "Yeah, okay." Brandon could see Callie's hand trembling a little.

They both got out of the vehicle. A cold air swished at them as they stepped through the door to the store. Callie made her way to the aisle with tampons, pads, and adult diapers. She knew what she needed was in that aisle.

Brandon had never felt more like a fish out of water. He was surrounded by bright pink and blue packages that said something about 'flow' and 'absorbency.' He didn't know where to keep his eyes, so he just looked up at the ceiling.

Callie quickly scanned her selection and grabbed two boxes of pregnancy tests of two different brands. She turned around to see Brandon staring really hard at a light on the ceiling. She grabbed his arm and pulled him to the other side of the store, to where the refrigerators were. Brandon knew what she was going to grab, so he beat her to it. He got a couple bottles of water and they went to the checkout counter.

Brandon and Callie thought the elderly man checking them out was going to give them harsh look, but they were relieved when he didn't. The man handed Brandon the bag.

"Thank you," Brandon said. The man nodded his head.

They walked out of the door and into the car. Callie let out a big breath when her sat down into the passenger seat.

"Drink up." Brandon mumbled, handing Callie the bag. She obeyed by grabbing a bottle and chugging half of it before Brandon even got the chance to buckle his seatbelt.

Brandon pulled into the driveway and stopped the car. He unbuckled his seatbelt, looking over at Callie trying to drink the last bit of water in the second bottle. Brandon quickly got out and ran to the passenger side door and yanking the door open for Callie, before she got the chance to open it herself.

"Thanks," she muttered, grabbing Brandon's hand to pull her out of the car.

They walked into the house and Callie went directly to the bathroom. Brandon walked into the kitchen, grabbed a glass, and filled it with juice. After a few minutes, he climbed the stairs and leaned at the closed bathroom door. Brandon heard the toilet flush and shifted his weight, so he wasn't leaning back anymore just incase Callie wanted him to be in their when the results came up. And he was right.

Callie abruptly swung the door open, staying silent, and moved to the counter where the sticks were laying. Brandon walked in behind and stared down on the counter.

"You took all of them?" He laughed a little, but that soon stopped when Callie scowled at him. "How long does this take?"

"Both the boxes say three minutes." She pulled up the timer app on her phone and set it for three minutes.

Callie was scared. Brandon was scared. But she knew in her heart that if they had to go through this, she wanted it to be with Brandon. They would never admit it to each other, but they kind of thought it would be good if she was, then they could be together now, instead of waiting two years.

"What are we gonna to if you-" His voiced trailed off. "What were you saying earlier?"

"What?"

"You said earlier that you've been thinking. Thinking about since you can't get adopted until you're 18, we could wait until then. And then you stopped talking and ran to the bathroom."

"I was just thinking that because I can't get adopted until I'm legally out of the system, we could...I don't know. I don't really know how to word it." Callie paused trying to pull her thoughts together. "So technically you guys wouldn't be fostering me. Then it wouldn't be against the rules. We could, I don't know, be together. But then if we do this, when Stef and Lena bring up adoption when I turn 18, are we just gonna stab them in the back and blind side them. They want my membership on paper. I mean, I do to, I guess, but..." She began to pace around the bathroom. "I mean, you said I would become a member of the family one way or anoth-" Callie is taken off guard by Brandon stepping closer to her.

Callie's train of thought gets interrupted by Brandon's lips on hers. His placed his hands on her waist and pulled Callie closer. She wrapped her hands around Brandon's head, grabbing at his hair. It was a passionate kiss, a happy kiss. They both pulled back as soon as they heard Callie's phone beeping, the three minutes had past.

Brandon and Callie were already breathing heavily from the kiss, but now, they were about to find out if there lives were going to change forever, at 16. Callie looked down at the eight sticks on the counter.

She breathed a quick outtake of air. "They're all negative." She let out a little laugh. "Actually, now that I think of it, I haven't been sick since earlier. Maybe it was one of those 24-hour flu things. I mean, my period was late but it usually is anyway-" Her voice trailed off as Brandon was relieved, but his face was drowned in sadness. "What's wrong?" Callie said concerned, noticing his face.

"It's nothing. I have standing here thinking that if you actually were pregnant, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. I actually kind of talked myself into it a little. So now that you aren't, I'm a little sad about it." Brandon wrapped his hands around Callie's waist as he spoke.

"Brandon," she placed her hands around his shoulders.

"Why don't we just have a relationship anyway? Before you turn 18."

Callie stepped back from Brandon's grip. "Behind everybody's back? That wasn't what we discussed."

"We haven't even discussed anything!" He raised his voice. Callie stepped back even further. "I'm sorry. I just, you just put me through the ringer of emotions."

Callie softened her face and stared into Brandon's eyes. "What does this mean? We're gonna wait?"

_______________________

A/N- Hello readers! Surprise! She's not pregnant! Are you happy she's not pregnant? Thanks for reading! XOXO