Chapter 88 | Four-Leaved

Callie was sitting on a bench in the park, watching Em and Colleen play on the playground while Brandon was taking a call, supervising the girls riding down a slide in the midst of other children running around.

Callie gazed around her surroundings and couldn't of felt happier. The abundance of trees were full of leaves, which provided shade from the hot sun. The soft breezes of air wafted the scent of flowers through her nose. Her eyes ventured back to Em and Colleen, who were now playing with a pile of small rocks. Callie smiled as she noticed their brown hair bounce as they moved. Em had curly locks, just like her dad's hair, and Colleen had her mother's natural hair, which was straight.

Em and Colleen went through a phrase for about three months where they wanted to be identical in every way possible. They wanted to dress in the same clothes, eat the same foods, play with the same toys, go everywhere together, and more. Although, they got over that real quick when Em was addicted to eating goldfish crackers, but Colleen was sick of them after a week.

"Hey, beautiful," Brandon spoke, causing Callie to fall out of her haze as she smiled. He never failed to make her smile.

"Hi," she laughed softly. "I was thinking, you know, this year has been...great. I love that I get to have you home with me and our daughters now, except for the shifts at the restaurant we switch every week. But I can't help but feel like I'm waiting-"

"For the next thing," Brandon unknowingly finished her sentence.

"Yeah, exactly. First it was waiting for the girls to be born, then it was to graduate. I feel like I'm in a gray area. Like I wanna do more."

"That's understandable. Wait, isn't your app almost done? Or do you mean something more than that?"

"That's exactly what I'm talking about. The app is finished. It's 100 percent done. Three years in the making, a legal battle or two that I didn't understand," Callie shifts her wait on the bench to dig her phone out of her pocket. She swipes open the lock screen, clicks, and a blue page with large letters that spell out 'Fost & Found' appear. "And here it is."

"Wow, Callie," Brandon began, gently taking the phone from her hands and quickly surfing the app to look at everything. "This is so cool."

"There's a user counter at the bottom of the screen. Look...over 600 thousand people already."

"That's amazing! I'm so proud of you," he smiled and leaned over to place a kiss on Callie's forehead. "This has come a long way."

"Yeah...one more thing," she hesitantly spoke, lifting her head off Brandon's shoulder. "They want to expand it, even more. You know that drop-in center in San Diego that I went to with Kiara? That's what they wanna do. They want to make Fost & Found drop in centers. To start, maybe having one in the states with the highest amount of foster care, but eventually having at least one in every major city in all of the states."

"Ambitious," Brandon intoned, not sure how to feel.

"I know. They want me to be a boss. Not the head person in charge, but I know how a business runs and I know how foster care goes. I was just wondering if you think I could handle it, or we could handle it."

"Well, do you want to? If you were to do it, what would that mean? You travel the country to all of the centers? Or work here?"

"Work here, probably from home. They would have representatives at each one. Fost and Found already as a lot of interest to build. Basically, even though I've been running the website for the last couple of years, now it's an actual app. They leased an office space here to make it like, Fost and Found headquarters. I'd probably have to be there maybe only a few hours during the week."

"They thought a lot about this."

"Look, I don't have to do it. But the project is gonna move forward whether I'm apart of it or not. What do you think?"

"Cool," he chirped nonchalantly, but he licked his lips nervously while his faced turned upside down.

"What? What's wrong? You look...disappointed."

"It's just...I was gonna talk to you about something too." Callie eagerly turned towards him. "I got an offer from this production company to compose for this musical movie that's set to come out next year or so. I would write it, then record it in a studio, then it would be played in the movie and on the soundtrack."

"That's awesome. I thought you said you liked to preform better than writing?"

"Yeah, but, you know, it's a job," he shrugged. "It could be fun...and frustrating."

"Maybe we can ditch the dinner now that our careers are taking off," she giggled, tousling his hair after resting her arm on her shoulder.

"Yeah, thank god. It's great though we got a little bit of savings started. So...we're doing this? You're gonna move forward with Fost and Found drop-in centers and I'm gonna do the movie."

"I guess we are," Callie smiled and leaned in for a quick peck as Colleen skipped towards them. "What if I started selling my photos, too?"

"Mommy! Daddy! Look, I found a special leaf!" She approached with her hands cupped, traveling carefully to not drop this precious item.

Callie and Brandon brought themselves to the edge of the bench to get a closer look. Colleen opened her hands slightly to reveal the dainty, green plant with four petals.

"This is a four leaf clover," Brandon enlightened.

"They're lucky. I guess it's your lucky day," Callie sweetly spoke, quickly brushing one hand through her hair before she ran off to the garden surrounding the playground.

Callie and Brandon just looked at each other. Luck. That's exactly what they felt. They couldn't believe the life they had created for themselves and the life they were creating right now.

________________

A/N- It's so late and so short. I could not apologize more. Next chapter will be fun and sexy, then potentially dangerous/foreshadowing. Be aware! Thank you SO SO SO SO much for reading. I hope you enjoying this sweet snippet. I had to include them starting new thinks career wise because it will build to success! XOXO