Chapter 58 | Good To Go

Officially five weeks postpartum for Callie, while Em and Colleen are officially one month and one week old. Each week that went by, Brandon and Callie's nights got longer. The girls slept longer and Brandon and Callie had gotten so good at handling sleep deprivation, they didn't know what to do with all the time they had.

"Hey, Callie..." Brandon began while they were laying in bed in darkness. It was useless evening trying to fall asleep because they were too wired on adrenaline from the day. Callie had just finished her finals a few days ago and Brandon had one week left of this school year at Juilliard. "When can you have sex again?" This was a thought that had crossed his mine within the past week. Before, they were always too tired to even think of it, plus he knew that she physically couldn't until a while after her C-section.

She scowled at him. "Six weeks," she mumbled in his direction. "Well in one, but maybe not even then. My scar hasn't healed all the way. But I've read where some people say the first time after having a baby was the best sex of there life, but others said it was like loosing their virginity all over again. Some people wait like months to do it."

"Right...

"We'll see, Brandon."

It was about 12:30 pm, on a Sunday, when Brandon and Callie were sitting at the table, bottle feeding Em and Colleen, a few days after their little talk. They had an exceptionally good nights rest, the babies only woke up once to eat.

"Have you ever thought about what it's gonna be like to raise two girls?" She asked out of the blue.

"Huh?" His eyebrows scrunched together.

"You know...when they're teenagers. It's gonna be periods, and bras, and the talk, and boys...or girls I guess. You never know."

"Do we have to think about having the sex talk with our children when they're older while we're holding them at five weeks old?"

"I guess not," she laughed. "But let's book a flight," Callie blurted across the table.

"What?" He asked, looking down at Colleen in his arms as she sucked on the bottle.

"To San Diego, so we can see Mike and Stef and Lena, and so they can meet Em and Colleen. Plus if Mariana doesn't see them in person soon, she'll murder someone."

"I thought we were gonna wait until summer break?"

"We are, I'm not saying go right now, but we should book a flight anyway. You only have a few more days."

"Okay," Brandon sighed. He wanted his family to meet his daughters, but he wasn't stoked about bringing them on a plane. "When do you wanna go?"

"A month? Maybe?"

"I'll look at flights today."

"So do you have finals at Juilliard?" Brandon proceeded to tell Callie about his end of year requirements. He had to perform a piece for the dean. He wasn't sure if there was going to be grades involved, but he was ready. The whole freshman class performs next week.

A week later, on the same day as Brandon's final performance, Callie walked to the doctor's office while pushing Em and Colleen in the stroller with the sun glowing in the sky. She was going to her six-week postpartum check-up to make sure everything was on track.

Dr. Avery said that she was doing very well after her C-section. Her incision site had made tremendous strides just in the past week, he told her to start taking birth control again, she got the all clear to have sex physically, she also got the all clear to participate in all types of physical activity like exercise. Callie had recovered faster than either she and the doctor thought she would. She was just about at full health.