Chapter 95 | 11:11

"Are you pissed at me or something?" Callie asked Brandon in a sassy tone while she put the remnants of their secret adult dessert in the kitchen. Em and Colleen were already tucked into bed fast asleep. They heated up a brownie square and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. The girls would be mad if they knew, they love anything that has to do with chocolate. "You've been short with me all day." The day that consisted of play dates and dog debates and piano lessons.

"Yes," he told her straight with a dirty look while he sat on the bar stool watching her every move.

"Why?" She laughed, covering the sheet of brownies with saran wrap so they wouldn't spoil.

"You fell asleep," Brandon sternly spoke with a bit of frustration behind his rough exterior.

"What?" Callie laughed again as she set the ice cream scoop and plate in the sink, along with the spoons they use.

"Last night." She still had her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "Last night," he repeated to clarify himself. Hopefully the words meshed out from his gritted teeth got the point across.

"Oh," she giggled softly to herself, walking to the counter in front of him and letting her hands support her weight. "And I hurt your feelings?" She teased.

"If you were in my position, and I had fallen asleep, wouldn't you be pissed too?"

"Yeah probably," she shrugged.

"Exactly."

"B, get over yourself. I was tired. We don't have a lock on the door so we have to stay up and do it in the middle of the night. I'm sorry. I fell asleep."

"It's okay...it's fine now..." His words drifted off, enough to not complete his thought before Callie changed the subject.

"How did the lesson go today?" She wondered. Last Christmas, Callie gifted Brandon a grand piano. They then turned one of the numerous little rooms in their house as his piano room. Ever since Colleen heard Brandon play on real keys, she was mesmerized and wanted to try it herself. Em wasn't has interested in playing, but she enjoyed listening in on his late-night private concerts he puts on for Callie.

"She has her father's talent," he gloated, only causing Callie to tilt her head at him and raise her eyebrow.

"So you're done being mad at me or whatever?"

"I was never mad," Brandon sat back in the stool. "Just upset. I thought I was giving you my best moves."

"Those were not your best moves," Callie told with sassiness in her voice.

"Oh, so that is why you fell asleep?" He shined his big eyes at her. "It's okay."

"Yeah, you said that."

"I...had a lock installed today when you were picking up Em and Colleen from Laura's house." Laura being one of Em and Colleen's best friend. Brandon turned his body around in the stool to step onto the wood. He tiptoed around the counter, only to see her ready for whatever he was about to do. He instantly had devil in his eyes as soon as he looked her up and down from head to toe, liking what he was seeing. She had on these cute little pajama shorts that made his mind reel. The pajama pants the Brandon was wearing though, did the same damage on Callie.