Chapter 19 | Freak Out

Brandon and Callie reconciled later that night after Jude's birthday dinner. At the time, they thought it was all laughs, but they almost got caught. They almost got caught in a bathroom stall. Technically, they aren't having a relationship, but definitely was something going on between them. They still decided to cool it down for a few days and not take as many risks, like getting hot and heavy in a public bathroom during a family dinner.

"Alright kids. We have a dinner thing with our friends tonight, so we will be out. Is pizza okay for you guys?" Lena asked, talking to the kids surrounding the kitchen table on an early school morning.

"Yeah," All the kids mumbled as they almost fell asleep into the plates of breakfast in front of them.

"Wait, what day is it?" Mariana perked up.

"Thursday." Jesus said slowly. Mariana scowled at him a little from across the table.

"No, I mean what day is it. Number day."

"Uh, it's th-the 22nd." Stef stuttered, sipping a mug of coffee.

"Oh, shoot. I gotta grab that book report." Mariana's voice trailed off as she ran up the stairs.

"Actually, I'm not going to be home tonight." Jesus said.

"And why's that?" Stef sternly laughed and placed her hand on the table.

"Me neither." Jude added.

"Me too." Mariana panted as she came flying back into the kitchen.

"Well, I have a wrestling dinner tonight."

"And I'm going over to Connor's."

"I have this new club thing after school and then I'm going to this concert thing with Mat."

"Ok then. Callie and Brandon, pizza?" Lena had her eyes wide.

"That's fine." Callie said and Brandon nodded. She shot him a look with moving her head. Brandon had his eyes peeled to his plate, but he had stopped moving. Callie didn't know if they were thinking the same thing. They agreed on no risks. It wouldn't be a risk if there wasn't anyone home. 

"Alrighty then. I guess it'll be a fairly empty house for the afternoon and evening." Stef noted.

"Ok, time to go! Don't want all of us being late!" Lena jumped up from her seat and herd the kids out of the door. "Love you!" She hollered back at Stef.

"I love you, too!" Stef yelled back. "Teenagers." She sighed.

The final bell rang, signaling school had ended for that day. Callie walked out of her class and saw Mariana moving quickly down the hall to get to her club. She also saw Brandon totally dodge her by turning around a corner as soon as he saw her enter the hallway filled with teens wanting to get the hell out of school.

Callie continued to make her way out of school, catching up with Jude and Jesus, and began to walk home. Brandon was a little ways ahead of them. She couldn't keep her mind off him. Was he purposely trying to dodge me? Is this part of the game? Was he pissed off for some reason?

Jesus, Jude, and Callie finally got to the house. As soon as Callie shut the front door, she could hear Brandon's door close upstairs. She sighed as she slipped off her shoes and walked up to her bedroom. Callie heard Lena come in a few minutes after her, and then Stef a few minutes after that.

Callie was sitting at her desk, twiddling a pencil between her fingers, staring at algebra homework. She could hear the hustle and bustle of Stef, Lena, Jesus, and Jude in the hallway getting ready to leave. She heard their voices fade and she got out of the seat, walked to the door, and poked her head out just has Stef shouted, "Bye Brandon, bye Callie! Be back in a few hours! The pizza is already here!"

"Bye! Thanks!" Callie hollered back, then quickly shut her door and leaned against the back of it. Was Brandon thinking the same thing as me? Was Brandon going to make a move? Or should I make the first move?

Brandon was sitting at his piano when he heard his moms and brothers finally leave and Callie shouted goodbye from her door. He wanted to make a move, but he couldn't think of anything. Maybe Callie would make the first move? He didn't know. His mind was spinning. Whatever, I'm going for it. he thought.

Callie paced around her room for what seemed like forever, until she stopped right in her tracks when she heard a knock on her door. She didn't want to answer it. She thought maybe this little perfect bubble they were living in was going to end for some reason. But she was all wrong.

Callie opened the door and before she knew it Brandon was pressed against her body and pressed against her lips. His arms wrapped around her so tightly, walking in further to room.

In between the huff and puff, Callie pulled back. "So you're not mad?" Brandon leaned in for a quick kiss in between her words.

"What?" Brandon was confused. Continuing to peck Callie's lip with a little tongue mixed in their.

"Mad. About backing down for a few days." She managed to get out.

"What? No! Not at all! We were a little too crazy. I'm not mad at all. Why did you think I was mad?" He kissed her again.

"I don't know." Callie shrugged, still tangled in between Brandon's arms. "You dodged me at school. And I don't know."

Brandon laughed and gave her another kiss. "I had to give my friend his book back and he was rushing out of the front doors like the school was on fire. And I was just trying to keep a low profile." He laughed again and leaned back in for another deep kiss.

"I guess it was my turn to freak the hell out." She spoke into his lips.

"What?"

"You freaked the hell out about nothing-" Callie started to speak but got interrupted by Brandon

"What?" He repeated.

"Wyatt. The phone call." She reminded as she raised her eyebrows a little. Brandon rolled his eyes and grabbed Callie's face again. "And now I  freaked the hell out something. We're even." She laughed pulling Brandon onto her bed.

"Oh yeah? I'll really give you a reason to 'freak the hell out.'" Brandon smirked and puckered his kisses down her neck.

"Callie! Brandon! I'm home!" Mariana walked through the front door. This is when they realized the bedroom door was still open. Brandon pulled himself off of Callie as quick as he could as he heard Mariana come up the steps. Callie jumped up from the bed.

"Hey Mariana! I thought you had plans with Mat?" Callie asked as Mariana stepped into the hall and then into their room.

"Ugh. I know, me too. He had to cancel." Mariana threw her bag on her bed. "Whatever, it's okay. I didn't really feel like going anyway." She shrugged and sat down next to the bag.

Brandon and Callie were still standing tense in the middle of room. "Alright, I'm gonna go eat." He awkwardly walked out.

"Ooh. Pizza. Oh my god that sounds so good." Mariana stood up, flicking her shoes off, and walked into the hallway before turning around to Callie. "You hungry?"

"Yeah." Callie hesitated and followed Mariana down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"This pizza's good." Brandon mumbled while shoving pizza in his mouth.

__________________________

A/N- Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I was in a little bit of a funk! Thank you for reading!!!! :))