Chapter 50 | Yuletide

Callie was officially 17 weeks pregnant on the day before Christmas Eve. Neither of them had any energy to decorate the apartment a whole bunch. They did want to do at least a little something, since it was there first Christmas together, alone. Brandon and Callie went out and bought a 40 dollar artificial, four foot tree and a box of white lights that were on sale for $6.99. Of course, neither of them was fond of it because they both preferred real trees. They liked the scent and the authenticity it made Christmas time, but they had to settle for this last minute gush of Christmas spirit.

Brandon and Callie also wanted to do something else to make this first Christmas special. They didn't want to buy each other material gifts, partly because of the cost. Even though they most likely would never had to worry about money for their twins, it was still good to cut costs when possible. They wanted to do sentimental gifts anyway, so it all worked out.

Callie and Brandon spent Christmas Eve preparing and making their gifts for one another. He had been in the living room for most of the day, and she had been locked in their bedroom. Although, Brandon did leave the apartment for a few minutes and Callie never noticed because she was focused in the other room. It was about 9 pm when they regrouped to go to sleep.

"So, what am I getting for Christmas?" Callie joked as she put on her pajama shorts, with difficulty.

"Not telling," Brandon teased. He hadn't seen her all day so he didn't notice what she was wearing. One of his t-shirts, being stretched out by her baby bump. It was being so far stretched out, you could see the underneath of her belly. "Hey, Cals," he began propositioning her. "Do you wanna get some maternity clothes? You know, so you will actually have something to wear...that fits?"

Callie looked down and glanced at her stomach. "No, why?"

"Oh, no reason."

"What's wrong with what I wear?" She had sad little kid eyes as she spoke. "It's not like I go anywhere anyway with online schooling-" She wasn't complaining, but it was a good excuse to wear comfy clothes all the time while ever pregnancy became more and more uncomfortable by the stretching of her skin and her organs being smushed down to make room fur the growing babies.

"We're on break right now and we still go out in public," he interjected, getting in to bed in sync with Callie.

"B, I don't think it's right that when woman get pregnant, they have to buy a another wardrobe. I think it's ridiculous."

"Not even one shirt or pants or something?" He tried pushing and leaned his head against his hand that was propped up.

"Are you uncomfortable seeing my stomach?"

"No, of course not. But some people are-"

"You're worried about other people?"

"No...oh geez. I'm not gonna get out of this am I?"

"No," Callie giggled before inching closer to Brandon, falling asleep in a matter of minutes.

Brandon and Callie hadn't thought about food for Christmas day. When he had woken up before her, he slowly rolled out of bed to make pancakes for breakfast. On his way to the kitchen, he noticed there were white balls coming down from the sky, making him grin ear to ear. He whipped up the batter quietly, got out a pan, and began pouring the mixture into free-hand Christmas shapes, such as a candy cane, a Christmas tree, a box with a bow on it, etc.

Callie slowly opened her eyes and her nose was instantly intoxicated by her favorite smell, well one of her favorite smells at least. She jumped up, not even taking the time to brush her teeth, and ran to the kitchen to see her husband hard at work with dry pancake mix all over his hands. She made her way over to his side as she slipped her hand around his waist.