Chapter 18 | Lingering Hands

The car ride to the restaurant for Jude's birthday was all laughs and smiles. Brandon, however, was silent. He was thinking. He had to admit, he did overreact about the whole Wyatt phone call, but he had to think of a way to play his part in the game.

Brandon couldn't keep his eyes off of Callie's skin that peaked out of the slit in her dress. It was on her right leg, he noticed. If I sit directly on her right, I can mess with her.

Before he knew it, the car came to a stop and everyone started to climb out of the vehicle.

"C'mon, B." Stef said as she looked to the back seat to see him not moving.

"Oh, yeah. Right." Brandon got out of the car and met the family in a huddle.

"Alright, kids. Let's go celebrate!" Lena said excitedly, clapping her hands together a few times.

Stef, Lena, Mariana, Callie, Jude, Jesus, and Brandon all walked into the restaurant. The air was crisp, which made Jude smile from ear to ear. They headed directly to the host/hostess' station.

"Uh, hi, we have a reservation for eight." Stef said politely.

"What's the last name?" The hostess asked.

"Adams Foster."

"Alright, if I could have all of you follow me." The hostess began to walk through the trail of booths and tables and stopped at an oval table that seated exactly eight.

"Why do we need eight again?" Mariana asked as she sat down in between Lena and Jude. Everyone took a seat, and nobody paid attention to Brandon's eagerness to sit by Callie on her right side, not even Callie. His eagerness subsided into a menacing grin when he noticed that the table had a very thick table cloth.

"Mike's coming. He's gonna meet us here." Stef said looking down at her watch. "Actually he should be here any minute."

"Oh, speak of the devil. Hey Mike!" Lena joked and Jude smiled.

"Hey, everybody sorry I'm late. Happy Birthday Jude!" Mike grinned as he sat in the free seat between Jesus and Stef. The table was now filled. Mike was next to Stef, Stef was next to Lena, Lena was next to Mariana, Mariana sat next to Jude, Jude sat next to Brandon, Brandon sat next to Callie, Callie sat next to Jesus, and Jesus sat next to Mike.

A few minutes after Mike sat down, a waiter came by for everyone's drink order and food order. When the waiter came back with the beverages, Callie immediately brought the glass of water to her lips. Brandon didn't wait long before he slowly placed his hand on Callie's thigh. Her weakness. Half of his hand was on fabric, half of his hand was on skin.

Callie's eyes widened and she almost choked on her water when she felt Brandon's touch. She cleared her throat.

"You ok?" Jude mouthed across the table.

"Mhm mhm." Callie hummed and nodded, Brandon's hand slightly moving inward. His finger tips slipped under the slit in the dress and trickled her inner thigh. Her body tensed. Goosebumps formed all over her body. Chills electrocuting her. A ball of sensations tangled in her stomach.

Callie could hear blurred out noise, but she couldn't tell if it was conversation from the table she was sitting at, or chatter from others. Her focus was circling the drain as she swallowed the building lump in throat. Her breathing was erratic, but not noticeable to anyone who wasn't paying attention.

"Callie...Callie!" Mariana waver her hand. "Hellooo..."

Callie perked up, "Yes, hi, hello. What's up?" She said, hearing Brandon lightly chuckle under his breath.