Chapter 6 | We Didn't Think This Through x 2

"Yep, this is perfect." Brandon replies as he turned around and shut the door. He smiles at Callie walking towards her, planting a light kiss on her lips. He grabbed her waist with one hand and placed the other one on the small of her back. They began kissing with more passion, standing in the middle of the motel room.

Callie wrapped her hands around Brandon's neck. Still kissing, they began slowly stumbling to the desk, that was a few feet behind Callie. Brandon leaned Callie back a bit, transferring the hand that was on her waist to the edge of the desk for support. They switch places in the midst of the kissing and heavy petting.

Callie pulls back, them both breathing heavily. "I think I'm gonna go to sleep, I'm tired." She walked towards the bed, pulling back the sheets slightly.

"Okay," Brandon said. He understood why Callie stopped. He wanted her to feel safe and comfortable, so he grabbed a pillow off the bed and a blanket out of his bag, and threw it on the wooden chair.

"What are you doing?" Callie questioned, crinkling her eyebrows as she glanced at Brandon.

"I'm making a bed to sleep in." Brandon smiled friendly.

"You can sleep in the bed, dummy."

"You sure? I wouldn't want to make you feel uncomfortable." He said, looking down.

Callie scoffed and let out extra air. "Get your ass over here Brandon Foster." Brandon grabbed the pillow and blanket from the chair and walked to the other side of the bed. His motions mirrored Callie as she pulled back the sheets even farther and got in.

They both fiddled around with the blankets and pillows until they both were comfortable. Callie and Brandon were both laying quietly, staring at the ceiling.

"Tell me the truth, Brandon." Callie spoke softly. "When you said earlier that we had nothing to worry about when the man at the gas station talked to us, you were lying right?"

Brandon remained quite. He didn't even have to say anything for Callie to know the truth. "What did we do? We made this ten times worse, didn't we. We didn't think this through..." She sat up

Callie continued to speak, but Brandon zoned off. Déjà vu, Brandon thought. Those words ringing in his mind from the last time he heard them come from her voice. We didn't think this through. We didn't think this through. We didn't think this through.

Brandon did hear some truth in her words though. "Yeah you're right, Callie." He said cutting her off of whatever she was saying.

"I am?" Callie turned around, expecting some sort of fight. A fight for their relationship. To fight for anything.

Brandon sat up, "Yes, you are. This was never going to work. That's why it took us so long to try. We both knew this. You're exactly right, we really didn't think this through." He looked at Callie, noticing the groups of tears trickling off of her face.

Callie jumped off the bed, all of her emotions boiled into one...anger. "Why did I let you talk me into running idea, anyway? And for telling Stef and Lena?" She yelled at Brandon.

"Oh, so it's all my fault then? Everything's on me, right? Uh, Callie?" Brandon exclaimed as he jumped up from the bed, too.

Callie paused for a second to think. "Yeah I guess that's what I'm saying." She was still yelling, but her tone had changed a little.

"Oh really? You were the one who kissed me at my moms wedding. You were the one who told me you loved me at my grandpa's funeral."

She scoffed, "You've got to be kidding me, Brandon? You kissed me back, and said 'I love you' back. And may I remind you that you were the that showed up at GU!" Callie and Brandon's faces both softened, realizing that they were yelling at each, just for loving each other. Their eye's locked.

"Why are we blaming everything on each other?" Brandon spoke softly, questioning with his eyebrows scrunched.

"I guess that's what happens when people find love."

"What?"

"This is what happens when people fall in love, when their not supposed too. Rules get broken, hearts get broken, family gets broken, relationships get broken."

Brandon and Callie's eyes glanced to the door, then back each other after they heard three hard knocks at the door. They knew this was the end. Even though they didn't know who was on the other side of the door, they knew the ending of their fairytale love story was not going to be a happy one.

Brandon broke out of the hold on Callie's eyes, the look that spoke a thousand words. He walked over to the door and stood in front of it, not opening quite yet. He needed a minute to process everything: what was going to happen, what this would do to their family, now that Callie and him were over over, would they still be sent away?

He collected his thoughts as he grabbed the door handle and turned it, pulling the door towards him. A blinding light drowned in his eyes. He thought Callie and him would be together forever, he thought they would get married one day and have beautiful children. But he was wrong.

Or was he right?