Chapter 89 | High Five, Low Five

"What do we even want?" Callie asked Brandon while they wandered in the lot of a car dealership. "Are you sure we aren't just getting one because we can afford it now?"

"Wouldn't it be easier for you to go back and forth from the office in an actual vehicle of your own?" He answered Callie's question with another question.

"I guess, but wouldn't it be better to save it instead?" She was mesmerized by the bright blue paint job on a crossover style car that was in her path. The glowing sunlight made it sparkle.

"Callie, buying a car isn't like buying a pair of shoes and then regretting it. If we bought a car today, we wouldn't regret it. It's not like it would drag us down. It's an investment."

Callie stopped right in her tracks, squinted her eyes as she developed a theory, and turned to face Brandon, who's head was bobbing in an SUV.

"Are you trying to distract yourself from the fact that it's Colleen and Em's first day of school?"

"What?" Brandon's voice moved to a higher pitch as he played it off. "No. Not at all." Her piercing eyes made him cave. "I'm just worried about them."

"Why? Brandon, they're fine. We looked at a lot of schools and were very fortunate to be able to send them to this school. It's very secure and diverse, remember?"

"Okay," he inhaled deeply to calm his nerves. "But I still think we should get a car. You don't wanna walk them to and from school everyday, right?"

Brandon and Callie continued to explore the dealership, both inside and outside. They got to talking with a salesman and created their wish list. Their car had to be safe and efficient. They weren't against an environmentally friendly vehicle, with the girls' best interest at heart by reducing pollution. They knew they didn't want a car that was too small or too big.

The salesman showed them a selection of cars that fit their newfound criteria. Through an hour and a half of searching plus a test drive or three, they settled on that fabulous blue crossover. It was the perfect size and was used, yet in good condition, so it didn't break the bank. It had great mileage. Fifteen minutes later the paperwork was signed and Callie and Brandon were driving away in their new car.

They decided to drive around the city and wander the parts they had never traveled too before. When they first moved, they didn't have an entire day to walk around the entire city. After they started school, they didn't have time to walk or the money to cab around. After the girls were born, they barely had time to breathe.

Right has they came across a small, abandoned shopping center, Callie's hand had wished its way to Brandon's leg and an instant grin creeped on her face. His hand laid on top of hers out of habit, not even realizing she wanted to start something until her actions got bolder.

Callie was leaned over the center console when she started grazing her fingers up Brandon's toned arm. Then they tossed around his brown, curly hair. His lips finally curved into a smile as he took a U-turn at the first possible stop light, zooming around the street they were on to find a secluded area to have a quickie. Brandon gave her a sultry side eye before pulling into a parking garage that coincidentally didn't have any cars in it.

Callie was in the backseat before Brandon could even park. He was right behind her, collapsing once they both hit the seats. There was so much excitement and exhilaration in their grabby hands. She was sprawled out on the seat, back against the new leather, when Brandon's lips caressed Callie's. Faint whimpers rushed from her throat, erupting a burning fire in both of their stomachs.

Brandon tugged on her bottom lip while grabbing at his own belt and Callie was working on rolling her jeans off her legs with the added struggle of him on top of her. Their chests began to pump faster while the anticipation built up, along with the pit.