Chapter 56 | Welcoming Hands

Callie and Brandon were lying in bed, going at it hot and heavy. It was a Friday morning during their Spring Break. It was the latest one they've ever had. Their past Spring Breaks have been in the months of March, but it was April.

Callie had her leg wrapped around Brandon's hip as they continued in their very heavy and passionate kissing. Even approaching 35-weeks pregnant, plumped up skin, stretch marks, and a huge belly, they found a way. She had her hands running up and down his back while he palmed her body in random placements. Light moans were being exchanged into each other's mouths, still connected by their lips and tongues. Both of their breaths were reaching a shallow and rugged rate.

Brandon lips and hands made their way down her body as Callie rolled onto her back. She could feel a tightening sensation develop in her stomach while he brushed his fingertips and lips against the skin of her thighs. Suddenly a weird psychological feeling came over her, and she started questioning the pit in her stomach as the tightening and cramping returned. With these new developments, Callie's sexy mood declined. It was like she was into one minute, but not the next.

"Everything okay, Cal?" He wondered, hands traveling under the two XL t-shirt, gliding up her waist until reaching her ribs.

"U-uh..." Her stuttering made Brandon retract his hands instantly. "I'm just feeling a little...um." Her train of thought went down the drain as liquid gushed from between her legs.

"Callie," he began, looking down at the now wet bed beneath her. His heart dropped. He had pictured himself in this moment acting calm and collected, but when the scene came in front of him, he had no idea what to do. "I think you're water just broke."

"What?" She propped herself up on her elbows, looking at Brandon like he was wrong. "But I'm only 34 weeks. Should they even be coming this-"

"You're basically 35 weeks."

"Not technically until two days."

"But-"

"Okay!" She shouted, interrupting him. They had gotten off track. "I knew I was feeling them," she said more softly to herself.

"What?"

"Contractions. They're small but they're there."

"Okay, so...we have to go the hospital?"

"Yes, Brandon!"

He kept mumbled 'okay' to himself, trying to calm himself down as he helped her off the bed. He instructed her to get dressed while he did the same. She changed her underwear, put on pajama pants, slipped into her flip flops, and roamed into the other room while Brandon ran around frantic. Callie held her back, standing next to the counter.

Brandon rushed by her side with their pre-packed hospital bag, that contained products and clothes for the both of them, in his hand. She saw him sprinting back and forth chaotically, forgetting the most important thing they were gonna need.

"Brandon! The babies!"

"I know! They're coming!" He excitedly yelped, not getting Callie's point. He ran out of the bathroom, throwing their toothbrushes in the bag.

"No, Brandon. The stuff for the babies!" She was now incapable of completing her thoughts.

"What do you want me to do?!" He shouted.

"Why are you yelling at me?!" She was distressed and had her eyebrows scrunched.

"Okay, yes, sorry. The diaper bag," he concluded before running into the nursery and grabbing it from the closet. Callie knew that the hospital would have diapers and that sort of stuff, but there were pacifiers, blankets, and clothes in the bag for the twins. "Should I bring the stroller?!" His head was in the closet and it was heard to make out his words. He didn't hear a response so he poked his head out and repeated himself.