Chapter 90 | Six Pack

Callie and Brandon were in the process of boxing up the final pieces of clothes that still hung in the closets in their bedroom. Em and Colleen were in their room, growing more irritable each second while they were throwing their last toys in plastic bins, feeling trapped in the room they so desperately want to get out of. It was time to move. The girls just got knew beds that were slightly larger than their last ones and there just wasn't enough space for them in that one room. Brandon and Callie were ecstatic they could afford an upgrade. Actually, they could've afforded two upgrades if they were in any place other than New York, where home priced skyrocket.

Fost and Found took off even more and started getting a heavy inflow of money from investors and charities, all advocating for foster care 100 percent. They had built five drop-in centers within seven months. There was two in California, one in New York, one in Texas, and the last one in Illinois. Brandon finished the music for the musical in four months. He practically didn't sleep within that time. He was busting his ass to get it done fast as the producers were eager to get production started. He got a pretty large check when he handed in his sheet music and he's gonna keep getting them as soon as the musical debuts.

"Am I getting my own room?" Em sassed as she rolled her small unicorn suitcase over the wood floors one last time, headed for the door where Colleen and Callie were.

"Yes, you both will be getting your own room," Brandon informed, holding a cardboard box to his body. "There's actually another room that can we can make your play room." Em and Colleen were immediately intrigued.

"A room for all our toys and dolls?" Colleen clarified.

"Yep," Callie chirped. "All for you guys. Okay, we have to go now."

Everyone took a minute to look at the apartment in it's emptiness. The only thing that as still there was he furniture that was there when they moved in. Everything looked so dull and lifeless. Brandon and Callie felt a wave of emotions come over their heads. This was their first home together. It's where they fought about Wyatt, it's where Callie collapsed on the floor, it's where they found out about their careers, it's where they brought their daughters home after they were born, it's where they first walked and talked...

"Alright, girlies," Brandon collected himself and readjusted the box in his arms. "Let's go."

They all shuffled out the door while Callie took a second to toss the door keys onto the table and shut off the light, then joining everyone in the hallway, waiting for the elevator. Once the doors binged open, the girls quickly jumped in, loving the elevator rides. On more than one occasion, they started clicking all of the buttons they could reach. Luckily, Em was too busy jumping around and Colleen was rolling her eyes at Em.

Once outside the building under the warm Spring sun, they all said a quick goodbye before Brandon loaded that box into the back of the uHaul and signaled that the movers to drive to the new house while Callie buckled Em and Colleen into their booster seats before getting into the drivers seat.

The new house wasn't that far away from their old apartment, but far enough to need new places to shop for groceries and such. It was in a suburban area that had houses so big the driveways were a mile apart. But they didn't buy one that big, but it was fairly large. One of the most important things for Callie and Brandon was that they have a yard big enough for a swing set and play house. Yeah, they have parks and playgrounds around where they lived, but Em and Colleen had never felt what it was like to have a backyard of their own to transform into their own.

As they pulled up into the driveway of their new house, right after the moving truck parked by the curb, Em and Colleen were jumping out of their seats, or at least as much as they could being buckled in. They were so excited to have their own rooms. Callie and Brandon hopped out of the car and open the backseat doors to help the girls unbuckle out of their booster seats. They instantly ran to the front door as soon as they were freed.