Chapter 16 | Step Up

Brandon didn't wait long for him to give Callie a taste of her own medicine. Everyone the next morning, Friday, breakfast was particularly groggy. The kids wanted the school week to be over. Everyone was gathered around the table.

"So, any of you have plans for the weekend?" Lena asked as she set a carton of orange juice in the center.

"Do I have to walk home today after dance team? It kind of cold outside." Mariana interjected.

"Mariana, it's 72 degrees." Jesus scrunched his eyebrows.

"But it's still cloudy. And there's a breeze, I read."

"Uh, actually, I have a meeting after school, so I can drive you home." Lena said. "And Jesus has wrestling and Jude, didn't you say you had to work on a project with Connor today."

"Yeah." Jude mumbled.

"I think we will be all done at the same time, so it will work out perfectly. Callie, will you be able to walk to group today? It's not that far away, and I don't think we will be home in time. Same with you Brandon, can you walk home from school?" Brandon nodded, and Lena continued. "Uh, honey, what time do you think you will be home tonight?" She looked at Stef.

"Probably around four." Stef put a piece of granola in her mouth.

"That's fine. I have to come back here first but yeah, I can walk." Callie answered.

Brandon zoned off, thinking about his plan. After school would be perfect. No one would be home, but not for long. So if she gave in, but Brandon didn't think she would so easily, they wouldn't have time to do anything. Plus, she had to go to court mandated group therapy, that she couldn't miss.

As soon as the final bell rang for school that day when the clock hit 3:00 pm, Brandon flew out the double doors and walked home as fast as he could, trying to beat Callie there. He ran into the house in record time and went straight to his room. Brandon marched to his closet and pulled out a blind fold from the top shelf. One of his friends gave it to him as a Christmas gag gift. He quickly planted it on Callie's bed and ran back to his room, just in the nick of time. Right when he closed his bedroom door, he heard the front door open.

Brandon knew it was Callie because of her soft footsteps. He could hear them becoming louder and louder, and then heard her door swing open and shut. He waited a few minutes in the hopes of walking into the room just as she grabbed the blindfold, like Callie did to him. And he was in luck.

Callie walked out of the school doors, seeing Brandon practically fly down the sidewalk. She was curious as to what he was up to. When she walked into the house, Callie was in a hurry to get changed and put down her stuff to go to group. She climbed the stairs and went to her bedroom. Callie threw her backpack onto the bed, but spotted something out of the ordinary. She couldn't help but grin. She picked it up and felt the soft, grey silk on her fingertips.

She looked up when she heard the door handle jiggle and saw Brandon peak his head in just as Callie did to him.

"Oh, there it is." Brandon said as he walked in to grab the blindfold out of her hand.

"Kinky, but weak. Very weak." Callie gloated. "Where the hell did you get this? A sex shop?" She looked down at the blindfold.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Brandon smirked.

"Mhmm, I see. Using my own tricks against me, that won't work. Well-" She walked dangerously close to him before stopping and whispering in his ear from behind. "You better step it up if you want me to go down kicking and screaming."

Brandon turned around to face Callie as she was walked to her dresser. She unzipped her jeans and started shimmying them down her legs, revealing her booty in some cheeky white panties. Brandon thought he was going to melt, but he had to stay strong. He couldn't let her win. But she had just turned the tables on him.

Callie turned her head abruptly to see Brandon totally hypnotized. "I have to get changed to go to group. Get out." She said as she pulled the jeans completely off of her tan legs. Callie looked back again to see him still standing by her bed. "Go."

Brandon folded as he walked out and went to his room. "Damn, she's good." He muttered under is breath.

Dinner that night was particularly interesting. Not the discussions, or the food, but the thoughts running through Brandon and Callie's mind. They were both filled with ways to torture the other. Three words kept replaying in Brandon's head. Step it up. Step it up. Just him thinking about her hot breath in his ear gave him chills. He had to get dirtier with his tricks. She had to get dirtier with her tricks.

"Is there anymore rice?" Callie stood out of her seat as she deemed out of her haze to realize her plate was empty but she was still hungry. She had no idea what conversation she had just interrupted.

"Uh, yeah. I think so." Stef said slowly. "Anyway, Jesus how was practice today?"

"Good. The coach finally let me wrestle, and I wasn't too bad. If I do say so myself." He replied, scooping a spoonful of food into his mouth.

In the midst of the dinner time chatter, no one seemed to notice Callie's phone light up next to her glass of water, except for Brandon. It had been put on silent for her group therapy session from a few hours ago, so he wasn't surprised when no one else saw it. He looked over to see her still hovering over a pot on the stove, then back at the cell phone. She was getting a phone call, from Wyatt.

He slowly reached over and pressed decline before Callie turned around to walk back to her chair.

"Callie, are you hungry, sweetie?" Lena jokingly laughed, looking at the massive blob of seasoned rice on she just put on her plate.

"Starved." Callie intoned as she looked straight at Brandon, raising one eyebrow slightly. His lips parted slightly in awe that she just said in that in front of everyone. No one picked up on the chemistry in the room as they all started to laugh.

___________________________

A/N- Dun, dun, dun! Hello readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading!