Chapter 40 | Coppers

It was Tuesday, around 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Brandon had finished with his classes earlier than Callie. When he got home, he received a text from her saying that she was on her way home and asked what they were gonna eat for dinner that night. He said he would cook something for them.

Brandon was definitely over the kiss thing. He decided to do something spontaneous. He took off all his clothes and laid on the made bed. He couldn't decide if he should do a pose or not. But he had to so something because he heard the front door open and close. Callie forgot to mention one thing...she was with Mariana.

"AHHH! OH MY GOD MY EYES!" Mariana screamed and put her hands over her face as she came through the bedroom door, causing Brandon to grab a pillow so he could cover himself.

"Mariana! What the hell are you doing here?" He jumped up from the bed.

"Me and Callie met up, she said I could have dinner with you guys," Mariana said through her hands while she faced away from him.

"Where is she?!"

"Hey, what's with all the screaming? And why were you sprinting up the stairs?" Callie asked as she walked through the living room towards Mariana. "I could hear it down the hall. Where's Bran-" She broke out into laughter as soon as she saw Brandon frantic and Mariana scarred for life. She thought it was funny for a second, but then she thought of their conversation the night before. Brandon never called the police, but they hadn't talked about it. While they were getting ready to leave earlier that day, it was like there was an elephant in the room representing the conversation they needed to have sooner or later.

"I'm just gonna go-" Mariana laughed.

"No, please stay." Callie pleaded with a grin. "We're gonna have dinner soon."

"You sure? I think Brandon as other plans."

"Yes, we're sure." He said whilst grabbing his boxers from the floor and sweatpants from his dresser.

"Okay," Mariana conceded quickly. "You realize I'm never gonna be able to look you in the eye again, right?" She said as she felt Brandon walk by her and Callie.

"Yeah, probably. You should have knocked."

"That door was open!"

"We should make some rules."

"What like I'm banned from keeping a key and I have to call before I come over." She expressed sarcastically. Through the silence and stares, she realized that's exactly the things Brandon had in mind. "Are you serious?"

"About you not having a key? The ability to come in and out as you please? Yes, I'm serious." He walked over to the couch and took a seat. Mariana and Callie followed, sitting in the chairs.

"Oh, c'mon...Callie?" Mariana looked to the right for her input but Callie stared into the air and stood up. She made her way to the kitchen, grabbing the box of spaghetti out of the cabinet once she got there. She tried to make her actions nonchalant and swift, which was obviously not how it played out.

"Okay, lets make some ground rules."

Brandon and Mariana kept bickering back and forth about what she could and could not do. Callie just continued cooking dinner, trying to stay out of whatever was cooking in the other room. Brandon and Mariana didn't even realize she was cooking until Callie shouted that dinner was ready. Spaghetti and meat sauce was on the menu for tonight, even though it was only 4:40 pm.

"I said I was gonna cook tonight," Brandon whined as he walked towards the counter in front of the three plates Callie just laid out, scooping portions onto each one.