Chapter 34 | Surprise Run-In

"Wake-y, wake-y, eggs, and bac-y!" Callie shouts as she jumps onto Brandon, waking him up. "C'mon, lazy bum! You're gonna be late for your first day!"

"Sleep," Brandon groans.

"I have food..." she shakes the body that is underneath her and his eyes widen.

"Food? You made food?"

"Mhm-mhm, over there on the table. Eggs and bacon, air go...wake-y, wake-y, eggs, and bac-y." She points to the little desk near the door. Just as Callie turns back to face Brandon after she faced the door, he pulls her down and plants his lips onto hers. His hands glide down her back. "Mhmm...I haven't brushed my teeth yet," she spoke softly, pulling back.

"I don't care." He mumbles has he pulls Callie down again for a quick peck.

"Okay, now you have to get up, you can't be late for the first day of the most renown music school." Callie crawled off the bed and pulled the blankets off of Brandon.

"Well, you're still here. Doesn't that mean that you'll be late for you're hip photography school?"

"No, I'm ready. All I have to do is eat my gourmet meal and brush my teeth, then I can walk out the door." Callie walked out of their bedroom, flipping the overhead light as she left.

Brandon reluctantly rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. He needed to take a shower, and a quick one at that. After that, he had to get something in his stomach, so he ate Callie's breakfast, that was now cold. Callie was brushing her teeth at the sink as he sat on the barstool.

"So, you wanna go out to eat for lunch?" she asked with a mouthful of toothpaste.

"Huh?" Brandon scooped the scrambled eggs in his mouth.

"Lunch! Out to eat?" she yelled through the bubbles.

"Oh, sure. I'll call you."

"Alright, sounds good," Callie grabbed her bag and headed to the door. "Don't be late!" She advised again as she looked back before walking out.

"Okay, mom." Brandon's words resulted in a scowl with a smile from Callie.

"Love you," she laughed, shutting the door.

"Love you!" he shouted, hoping Callie could hear him as she walked down the hallway outside.

Callie's first day was going good, but dull. All of her core classes and electives were about the expectations and dreams the teacher has for the class and the students. Brandon, however, was having a jam packed morning. They were assigned to preform a new, original piece by the end of the day as a 'show me what you can do so far,' like a pretest, for those who could compose. Unfortunately, that meant he couldn't leave for the hour and a half lunch break.

About 10 'til noon, Callie's phone rang just as she was on her way to the café her and Brandon had decided on. She pulled it out of the pocket of his jeans and smiled when she saw her handsome husband appear on the caller id.

"Hey Beethoven, you on your way?" She spoke excitedly into the phone, but her attitude was not reflected on the other end.

"I'm so sorry, I can't make it. I am slammed with this piece I have to do later and I'm stuck in here to write a new piece, freakin' impossible in three hours. I am so sorry." Brandon didn't want to let her down.  

"Oh, that's okay, B. Really." Callie looked to see what was around her on the sidewalk. "Uh, what if I brought you some coffee and a sandwich or something? That way I can still see you."