Chapter 30 | Love?

"What?" Callie looked up at him in disbelief. She was now lying on her stomach with the top portion of her body propped up by her arms.

"Let's get married," Brandon repeated. "We didn't do all of this just for us to date. We're in this together, forever, you said it yourself." He leaned up. "We're all the family we need right? Why should we wait for forever to start?"

Callie moved to her knees. "Brandon, you have lost it for sure."

"I'm serious," he laughed. "Like let's get married soon, like tomorrow." Callie's eyes were widened and her eyebrows were half way up her forehead.

"Brandon, getting married is more than just saying 'I do.' It's a vow of loyalty, trust...love...commitment. There's an officiant and witnesses and courts..."

"We have all those things! Well, except for that last part. But so, we'll figure it out. It can't be that hard," he interjected.

"Yes," Callie couldn't help that word come out of her mouth, it was thinking before her brain.

"Yes?" He had so much enthusiasm and excitement in his voice.

"Yes," this time she said it with much more confidence. They both let out a joyous laugh until Callie's lips met Brandon's. They fell back, causing Brandon to lie on his back and Callie was next to his side. Callie had one hand on his chest and the other on his shoulder. One of Brandon's hands was gripped around Callie's leg and the other one was sliding up her back, underneath the shirt she was wearing. "Hmm, hmmm," She hummed as she pulled away. "I have an idea. What if we don't have sex again until we get married?"

"What? Are you serious? Callie, you know it's been three weeks. We haven't since we've gotten here, and we were supposed to on your birthday, but you know how that turned out."

"Brandon, it's one day, you'll survive. Besides, won't it make our wedding night so much more fun? And when we get back, we can christen every room of this beautiful home that you picked out for us."

"This apartment doesn't have many rooms..."

"Okay, we can christen every square foot."

"One day, so we're getting married tomorrow?" he needed clarification.

"Isn't that what you said you wanted?"

"Uh, yeah okay, you're right. So we're planning a wedding and doing a wedding all in the same day?"

"It can't be that hard, that's what you said! It'll just be us, an officiant, maybe someone from the clerk's office can be a witness or something. We'll get a marriage license-"

"And rings," he interjected.

"Rings?"

"Yes, if we're going to do this, we're going to do this right! We need something to symbolize it forever."

"Okay, okay," she surrendered. "Are we just going to do it in a court house? I think it will be hard to persuade someone to go somewhere just for us on such late notice."

"Do you wanna get married in a courthouse? That's not what I envisioned for us."

"Oh, yeah? Tell me, what did you envision?" Callie sunk down and snuggled into Brandon's side, ready to hear of his hopes and dreams.

"I envisioned someplace romantic, intimate, secluded. Nothing to fancy, but not trashy. An outside wedding is what I always had in my mind. Somewhere with lots of flowers and colors..." Brandon could go on and on.

"What about central park?" She popped her head up again. "It vaguely fits the novel description you just gave me," she laughed and so did Brandon.

"Sounds perfect, but not secluded. That's okay though. It'll be a nice change, we can show everyone our love. We'll start our marriage off with not hiding us."