Chapter 51 | The Clock is Ticking

It was New Year's Eve, Brandon and Callie were still laying in bed. They were just relaxing and enjoying each other's company, reading more baby books. He looked over his shoulder at the clock, 11:56 am, it read.

"What do you wanna do today?" Brandon asked while flipping a page. "Do you wanna go out somewhere...do you wanna stay here..." His voice trailed off as Callie darted her eyes towards him.

"Have you ever wanted to watch the ball drop in Times Square?" She said it rhetorically, she knew that he wanted to sometime in his life. Brandon had a quick grin on his face, but it slowly faded.

"Callie, do you think that's a good idea?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"Because you're pregnant and the busy streets are going be full of drunk, clumsy people that bump into everything, desperate for the clock to turn just so they can shove their tongues down someone else's throat."

"So?" Callie stressed as she threw the book that was in her hand down in the open space between their legs. "We could be those people...well apart from being drunk and clumsy." She repositioned herself so she was facing him.

"I don't know, Callie," he moaned, putting his book in the same place where she had thrown hers.

"You just asked if I wanted to go somewhere today. Where else would someone go on New Year's Eve in New York?"

"I meant like, let's go to a restaurant or something. That new place down the street as a roof top view-"

"You think a crowded, hip, new restaurant will have more 'danger' than a sidewalk?" She mocked.

"So, you agree that there's danger."

"No, I don't. But you're telling me right now that you've never wanted to watch the ball drop in person."

"I mean..." Brandon spoke slowly, "I have but-"

"Then that's it!" Callie interrupted before he had time to dismiss the idea again. "We're going." She rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom. Brandon decided he was done trying to argue because at the end of the day, he did actually wanna go. He could of propositioned going sometime in the future, but next year they would have two one year olds, then the years after that they would still have two small children. He had no idea where they were going to be when the twins were old enough to sleep over at someone else's house and such.

Around 3:30 pm, Brandon was going back and forth between practicing his piece for school and roaming the internet to see what cribs and things him and Callie would want. They still hadn't gotten most of the stuff they need. They had a few things, but were nowhere near ready for any babies to be born.

Callie walked out of their bedroom with her wet, shower hair in a side braid. She noticed her phone was blinking on the counter and went to investigate. A missed call from Mariana.

"When was the last time either of us spoke to Mariana?" She asked as she walked towards Brandon sitting at his keyboard.

"Oh geez," he chuckled. "I haven't talked to her since she left."

"So she doesn't know I'm pregnant."

"If you haven't talked to her either, then I guess so."

Callie laughed. "I'm gonna run out and get something to eat, you want anything?"

"You ate before you got in the shower."

"I know, but I'm hungry again."

"Do you want me to go with you?" He said as he moved to stand up.