Chapter 81 | Clink

I'm BaCk BiTcHeS! HeRe We Go...lol I have so much to say about the 8/8/16 and 8/15/16 episodes but I'll save my breath unless y'all want my commentary...

"Here you go, babe," Brandon said, pressing a kiss on Callie's forehead as he placed a bowl of strawberries in the middle of the table, adding to the pasta salad and tortilla wraps that were for lunch.

"Thanks, B," she smiled, reaching for the water and glancing at Em and Colleen snacking on some smashed bananas, making a complete mess in their high chairs while Brandon and Callie ate.

Callie and Brandon already took the Christmas tree, as to his request to free up the space by the window for a new New Year's tradition he wanted to start. He wanted to watch the ball drop from the apartment, which is exactly what they did the year before when they made the haul to Times Square, only to go home because of Callie, who was pregnant at the time.

They made a flexible plan for the day, go to the grocery store, start dinner, put the girls to bed early, then watch the ball drop. Of course this didn't include a nap time for Em and Colleen, or just the time spent on them daily.

"What am I making tonight?" Callie asked, not quite remembering what Brandon had told her while they cleaned up after eating lunch.

"Soup, some kind of white cheddar thing, I can't remember. It's mama's recipe that I asked for. I thought it'd be nice for today." It just so happened to be the coldest day of the season so far, a nice warm soup would comfort them nicely.

"Sounds delicious. I can't wait," she gave Brandon a quick kiss as he continued with the dishes before grabbing the fussy girl, Em, and going into the bedroom to change out of her pajamas. She let Em crawl on the floor while she sifted through her closet, trying to find something relatively nice to where tonight, even though they were staying in tonight. The dress she wore last year was a maternity dress, and unless she wanted to carrying around a watermelon over her stomach, it would look weird.

Callie ended up coming across a short, silver sequined dress that Mariana gave her because she didn't want it anymore. Mariana thought it made her ankles look 'thick.' She slipped it on to make sure it fit, hearing the clatter of some leftover pots in the kitchen from yesterday's meal. Once the fabric hugged her body perfectly, she picked up Em from the floor and headed back to Brandon to get his opinion.

"I think I'm gonna head to the store now, dinner is gonna take a few hours- wow," his train of thought went down the drain when he turned around, finally laying his eyes on Callie in a dress that accentuated everything.

"Do you like it?" She asked, glancing down at herself as she walked closer to him with Em on her hips, making sounds as if she were irritated with something.

"Like it? No," he began, being extra sarcastic until his face straightened out. "I love it."

"Okay," she giggled, caressing Colleen's head when she walked by the high chair. "So you wanna go to the store now or-" Callie's question came to an abrupt halt when the source of Em's fussiness came to light. She must of had an upset stomach or extra gas, because she threw up all over Callie. It went on her shoulder, on her neck, in her hair, and it even fell onto the floor, also getting on Em's clothes and face. "I guess I'm not wearing this anymore," she sighed disappointedly while Brandon let out soft laughs, trying to hold it in.

"You don't have to dress fancy. You're beautiful just the way you are," he smiled, trying to make her feel better while Callie put Em in her high chair. She scowled at him, pulling her hair out of the way as she walked to the sink.

"Ugh," she groaned. "The only thing I have clean are sweatpants."

"Then we wear sweatpants. It's not like I wanna wear dress pants and a collared shirt in my own house." He walked up behind her to comfort her.