Chapter 85 | Uno

"Okay, so, who is it?" Callie asked Mariana, who seemed hesitant to give an answer. Her face was filled with sudden insecurity for an unknown reason.

"Wyatt," she told quietly, unsure about Callie's response since they used to date...or something like that. No one ever knew what was going on with them years ago. But Mariana had no idea that their reactions had nothing to with that history, or at least Callie's was.

"What?" Brandon sternly spoke at her, then immediately turned to question Callie. "Did you know he was out?"

"No," she admitted honestly. They were both very confused. Wyatt got 18 months, but that was only 14 months ago.

"You're sure?"

"I promise," she held her hands up in surrender, not appreciating the demeaning accusations that she would keep things from Brandon again.

"Wait, out. What? Out where? What do you mean?" Lena asked and both Brandon and Callie hesitated to face them. They were in their own conversation.

"Mariana..." She began slowly. "Wyatt was...w-was-"

"In jail," he told her, not worried about anyone's feelings but his own. "For rape. Wyatt's in jail for rape. Or at least he was."

"What?" Mariana's eyes widened and her face instantly washed from her face. She stood up fairly quickly and stormed to the bathroom, gripping her stomach with one hand while the other was covering her mouth.

"Mariana!" Stef called out, wishing for her not to be as affected by this as she is. "What happened? I don't understand."

"It's a long story but-"

"How'd he get out?" Brandon practically shouted while slamming his hand on the table, demanding answers no one could possibly know.

"I don't know, love, but I can make some calls. Go get ready," Stef ordered, but not before Brandon stormed off and Callie explained a little further. Both her and Lena were clearly disappointed in the situation.

Brandon was walking up the stairs to the look for Callie, who had been getting ready with Mariana the last time he heard of her whereabouts. That was about half an hour ago and the few guests were going to arrive within the next 20.

"Callie?" He asked once he got to the hallway, glancing around at the many open doors but followed the light sound of humming coming from the bathroom. Once he went to investigate it, he noticed it was the tune of a song he knew quite well, or one he even wrote perhaps.

"...still way over there, maybe slide on in by my side..." he joined in, leaning in the doorway and watched Callie half smile, unsure about his attitude in that exact moment. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Callie was genuinely questioning it, but half-heartedly being sarcastic.

"Getting so mad this morning," he explained lowly as he walked towards her while she continued curling her hair with Mariana's curling iron.

"I know you don't like Wyatt. I wouldn't have expected a reaction any less than."

"Honestly, I was expecting you to have more of a reaction."

"I don't wanna hold a grudge," Callie breathed, setting down the hair tool now that she was finished curling her brown strands and faced him. "I did that for years with Liam. I held a grudge, I was afraid of him, I was angry at him, I was holding on to all of those feelings that were wrapped up in what happened to me...and it was exhausting."

"I understand," he simply said, lightly running his hand down her arm, suddenly thinking of the worst, yet best, possible thing. "This is probably not a good time to be talking about this but...are we still on for our little plan today?"