Chapter 65 | Just Another Day

It was July 11, around 8:00 am and officially Callie's birthday. There wedding anniversary was in a little over a week. Callie usually had an alarm set every morning to wake up to get the girls if she wasn't awake already, but Brandon did something sneaky. He turned her alarm off and let her sleep in before her morning surprise.

Brandon tiptoed out of their bedroom when he heard light noises coming from the audio monitor he moved to his table in the middle of the night and gently shut the door before going into the nursery. He walked in to see Em and Colleen smiling their hearts out. He changed their diapers and clothes before bringing them into the kitchen. He gave them both a bottle, which is tougher than it sounds to feed two babies at the same time in his arms. Brandon laid Colleen and Em in their high chairs after they were burped, placing the chairs facing into the kitchen so they could watch him as he cooked. He also placed a blanket and a toy in with each girl.

Brandon started the process of making his specialty breakfast...pancakes. He grabbed the dry ingredients, milk, an egg, vegetable oil, and an old chocolate bar that he was going to chop up to make chocolate chips since they didn't have any. Within minutes, he was pouring spoonfuls of the mixture onto the pan to form the base of his serious skills. While that side of the cakes were cooking, Brandon set out the whipped cream bottle and began cutting up a few strawberries. They had bought more since their sensual bubble bath, needing them on hand for when sexy moods come out of nowhere. As soon as he started seeing bubbles rise to the top of the pancakes while cutting the chocolate and fruit, he quickly sprinkled some of the chocolate bits on and flipped them.

Brandon crept back into their bedroom, laying the plate of chocolate pancakes topped with whipped cream and strawberries on the desk before stealthily maneuvering through the door once again. He picked up Em and Colleen, proceeding with the mission to wake Callie up with their three pretty faces. He sneaked to her bedside and hopping on his butt onto her legs, waking her up. Perfect timing too.

"Happy Birthday, Cals!" Brandon exclaimed with glee, watching her as she slowly opened her eyes and leaned up. She instantly smiled because she was greeted by the three most important people in her life.

"Thanks, B," she grinned, grabbing Em and Colleen and cuddling them in her arms. He took this opportunity to grab the plate from the desk. Callie began faintly laughing nervously.

"I made breakfast for you, well us, but-"

"That's so nice of you. But you really didn't need to do all this." She used to be a love her birthday, but over the years it just became less and less important.

"Callie, it's nothing. I made you breakfast. That's all," he lied. "I know you. It's breakfast in bed, with your babies and your boy."

"My boy?" She giggled as his weird wording.

"I don't know," he joined in with her in laughter. "It all went together, breakfast, bed, babies, boy..."

"I get it," Callie laughter once more before scooting backwards so her back was against the headboard. She shrugged her shoulders before digging in. 

Right in the midst of eating Brandon's prepared meal, Brandon got up from the bed to use the bathroom. Seconds later, the room was filled with the aroma of a dirty diaper, which made Callie lose her appetite very quickly. She heard the bathroom sink turn on so she picked up Em and Colleen, bringing them closely to her hip, and walked to the bathroom door and knocking it with her knee.

"B? Em needs a change, will you take Colleen?" She asked through the door, not wanting to leave a baby un-watched. The rolling over shenanigans spoke enough by itself. He swung the door open abruptly and grabbed Colleen.