Chapter 80 | Every Couple Tries to Stop

Brandon and Callie were preparing to exchange Christmas gifts around four in the afternoon Christmas day. Neither one of them had an inkling of what to expect from the other. He had insisted on giving his gift first, as it had a specific time they needed to be at Central Park. He didn't tell Callie anything other than to dress warmly. They were having a white Christmas as flurries bubbled softly from the sky.

While Callie was getting ready, Brandon headed to the nursery to dress Em and Colleen. He started by putting them both in a onesie, then in a sleeper, pulling pants over to make a third layer. He reached for the cute winter overalls and coat set Stef and Lena had gifted them, layering them even more before adding mittens, hats and scarves, little boots, and grabbing a few blankets for the stroller.

"Cals, you ready?" He asked, walking back into their bedroom

"Yeah," she told, stepping out from the bathroom in jeans, boots, a hat, scarf, and a long winter coat. "Where are we going anyway? Are you sure Em and Colleen will be warm enough?"

"Yes, I'm positive. Let's go," he said as he pushed all of them out of the door. "We're gonna be late," he mumbled to himself.

"Huh?"

Brandon was pushing Em and Colleen in the stroller, with the hood protecting them from the white dust. The snow was falling lightly and in slow-motion, like they were in a movie. He couldn't help but watch the flurries coat Callie's eyelashes. It was cold, but not as cold as he thought it was going to be.

As they approached Central Park with the dozens of horse-drawn carriages hanging on the outskirts, Callie had no idea what was so important to do outside. But her questions were soon answered when she continued walking into the park, not even realized Brandon and the girls had stopped.

Callie frantically scattered around, looking for Brandon that used to stand next to her. For a moment, her heart dropped, but sighed in relief after spotting them standing the remnants of a beautiful tree that is full during summer.

"Where are we going?" She asked once she got a little closer to them, thinking they weren't already at the destination. "Is it much further?"

"Callie," he laughed, jolting his head quickly, motioning her to look at her surroundings.

"What?" She was eager to get this day moving an odd reason.

"We're here," he told with a smile, waiting for her to realize where they were standing. 

"Wait, where are we..." her words slowed tone, recollecting the images of a certain tree that had a hint of red in the bark.  "Are we-"

"Where we said 'I do'?" He interrupted, hopefully finishing her sentence. He realized that he had when her eyes lit up. "Yes, we are. Oh, here comes our ride," Brandon glanced over her shoulder at the approaching horse-drawn carriage.

"You didn't..." she slowly spoke, not believing him, but she didn't care if he was lying or not, she had a big grin on her face with giggles flying from her lips. She walked closer to him, tugging on his unzipped coat once she got to him. "You spent money on me..."

"Yeah, yeah. Just get in," he ordered playfully, helping her up the large step to get securely inside the carriage, then handing her Em, then Colleen,  before collapsing the stroller to fit on the floor.

The ride started out perfectly, the snow lighten up ever so lightly, making it even softer than before, but still beautiful while they strolled around the city. Em sat on Brandon's lap as Colleen was snuggled in closely to Callie. The small family of four trotted slowly, absorbing what Christmas in New York as to offer.