Chapter 31

"What the heck are you turning the TV up for?"

"Rakim, can you go close the door?" Now I really can't fight back. I can't remember the last time he used my government name so it must be serious.

I get up to go close the door then return back to my seat ready for what he's about to say.

"So what's the deal?" I ask. "Because you haven't used my real name in a long while."

"Rocky," he pauses. "I wanted you to come down here alone because I feel like I can't trust the other guys right now."

I look him in confusion, but at the same time I get what he's saying. "What makes you say that?"

"I feel- no I know they've been acting weird around me. Haven't you noticed that too?"

I look away from him. As much as I would like to deny that he's crazy and guys do love like they always have, I'm not like that. I'm not about to lie to the man that's brought me from hell and the same man who said I was like a son to him.

"Yeah, I've noticed. But the guys been worried about you." This got me thinking about that day when the guys and I were talking about planning an "intervention" for Yams, which never happened. And now look at where he is.

"Yeah, man. I'm sure they feel like I'm dead weight to them. Like I'm some nigga they met off the streets. Yeah we may all still get along sometimes, but, not to sound we're in a relationship, but I feel like I'm loosing a connection with y'all."

Damn, I did not know he was feeling like this. If anything I feel bad for Yams. He's supported us from day one and now we're treating him like this? Shit, I hope he doesn't feel the same way about me as well, but if he means all of us including me, then we got an issue.

"Do you mean like you're loosing us?"

"Yes! I mean it's not the same hanging around you guys. Sure we all still going out to clubs and getting turnt up and shit, but away from the nightlife, haven't you or anyone noticed I been to myself lately?"

I'm usually good with noticing shit like this, but Yams it's the complete opposite. I have noticed at all and I'm positive the guys haven't noticed either.

"Rocky, now I still feel like I got a connection with you. But everyone else the connection is about to be lost, and the sad part is this is including Bari and Illz. They were my day ones and now I feel like we're not the same since then."

"Now, to be honest I haven't noticed that you've been a little distant from the group. But thinking back on it I can see it now. So what you're really saying is you feel like it's us against you?"

He chuckles. "I knew you would understand, Rocky. That's how I'm feeling. I love you guys, I do. But I feel I'm not getting the same feelings back."

"Yams, you really sound like you're in a relationship now," I say laughing making him do the same. I'm glad I can make him laugh when he's feeling like this. Somebody gotta bring some light to the room.

"But all jokes aside, what you're saying to me, why don't you say it to the guys?"

"I don't know yo, I feel like they won't listen."

"Yams, you're the founder slash leader of this whole organization. Why wouldn't they want to listen to you?"

"Nigga have you not heard everything I just told you?"

"I'm saying that if you feel like you can't get them to listen, then you gotta make us listen. Sit everyone down one of these days and let us hear you out. And if you need help let me know, I can get the guys together to sit down and hear you."