Asahi Azumane - Giant Little Steps

Start from the beginning

You looked down as you walked to the pace of the music.

You were at the front entrance when you turned up the volume to tune out any outside noise.

Looking ahead slightly, you noticed some specks of colours on the dull grey concrete.

Running ahead the specks of colour turned out to be large dark orange footprints. The ones next to you started to slowly fade away, so you quickly followed the steps, placing your smaller feet on the orange causing the two colours merge together.

Making large strides to keep up with the fading footprints, you didn't notice where you were heading.

You followed the orange prints into a building, looking up you noticed that you were in the third-year section of the school.

Feeling intimidated by the remaining third-years, you just looked down and kept following the trail leading you to your soulmate.

Some of the third-years questioned why a second year was walking through their halls. Though, when they noticed the long strides you were taking and how your eyes were focused on the ground, they understood what was going on and let you be.

Kiyoko, who had been walking down the hall carrying a small stack of papers, noticed you heading in the same direction as her.

"(L/N)-san." Kiyoko's quite voice couldn't reach your ears. Noticing the excessively loud music coming from your (F/C) headset, she tried another approach while keeping up with your long strides.

By tapping your shoulder Kiyoko gained your attention, making pull off your headset and set it around your neck.

"(L/N)-san, what are you doing in the third-byear hallways?"

You quickened your pace when you noticed that the orange steps were fading faster than before.

Kiyoko had some trouble catching up to you, until you pace slowed a bit and you answered her question, looking at her.

"Simple, Kiyoko-chan," you looked back at the floor your (H/L) (H/C) swishing slightly. 

"My soulmate is waiting at the end of these footsteps. And they seemed to have been in a rush!" You yelled when you saw them fading much faster, causing you to sprint.

You placed your headset around your hair when you stepped out onto concrete again.

Kiyoko, few metres behind you, quickly caught up again. She saw that your
(F/C) headwear was back on and decided not the interrupt.

You hummed softly as you walked on the path. Kiyoko followed you to your destination, as she was heading in the same direction, needing to give forms out to the boys' volleyball team for an up coming trip.

When you saw the trail go up a small set of stairs you felt as if you were close. Kiyoko noticed that you were heading for the gym doors and opened them before you ran into the metal doors head first.

Your loud music was tuning out anything that was happening around you and since your focus was on the ground, you didn't see that you were about to run into someone's back.

Asahi, who was having a conversation, or trying too, with the always hyper Hinata, was slightly flustered when he felt something bump into his back.

A loud thump was heard around the gym and everyone directed their attention away from their conversations and to you. You were lying on the gym floor with your headset next to you and your eyes staring at the person you ran into.

"You're tall," you stated, making him blush lightly and look away.

"And your blushing," you continued, making his face even more red.

"It's cute," you said your back still on the floor.

Your comment made his whole-body glow.

"Y-yo-you're n-not s-s-scared o-of m-m-me?" he asked quietly, stuttering on every word, which made you giggle.

"Ah, so you must be Asahi. You know just because my classmates think you're too scary to have a soulmate, doesn't mean you don't have one. And let me tell you, she already loves the giant teddy bear you are."

The giant teddy couldn't take it anymore. He stared rambling quietly staring at anything but you, while shaking slightly.

You, on the other hand, were laughing like crazy. You jump up from the ground putting your headset back around your neck, and attacked the poor boy with a large hug.

"You're just like a teddy bear! I could give you hugs all day!" You smiled brightly.

The other boys in the gym started laughing at Asahi's completely flustered state and started to tease him.

"Oh, by the way, I'm (L/N) (Y/N), your soulmate," you said smiling.

"A-Asahi Azu-Azumane, nice to f-finally meet you s-soulmate."

You asked Kiyoko for a slip of paper and a pen. You wrote something on it before handing it to Asahi.

"Call Me!" you yelled as you ran out of the gym.

Asahi looked at the small piece of paper in his hand and started stuttering again.

"S-she g-gave me h-her n-number," he said quietly.

"Boo Ya! Get Some Asahi!" Nishinoya cheered in the background.

You left the gym with a large smile.

Maybe this footprint thing wasn't such a bad thing.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Next Up: Tanaka Ryūnosuke

Updated on : 01/16/2021