Brallie S1E20 Metropolis AU

The sun had started to sink into the horizon when Callie walked out of her group session. It was later than she thought it would be. She swung her backpack around her shoulder, and started walking down the side walk. Callie was walking towards Mike's apartment thinking about the conversation she had with Brandon earlier that day in the hall at school.

**

"Hey Callie," Brandon said.

"Hey Brandon, what's going on?" She asked in a friendly way, noticing the slightly worried look on his face.

"Oh nothing," He replied has he lifted his lips into a grin. "I was wondering if you could come by and listen to this piece I've been working on."

"Oh, for the junior symphony audition! Well I can meet you in the band room after lunch?"

"Actually, it kind of has to be at my dad's."

"Okay, well, I have group after school, but I can stop by after that."

"Ok," Brandon smiled lightly as they went on with the rest of their school day.

**

After walking About 10 minutes, Callie had arrived at the apartment complex and walked up the stairs to the door. She knocked lightly a few times before Brandon quickly answered the door to see Callie looking down with her hands in her pockets. She realized the door had opened and popped her head up, smiling in the process.

"Hey Brandon," Callie said, continuing her curves lips.

"Hey." His tone was uneasy and nervous as he motioned his hand to Callie to come in.

"Sorry, it's later than I expected, I guess those foster kids were angrier than they usually are."

They both lightly chuckled. Callie walked further into the apartment and put her backpack down on the ground.

"Oh don't worry about it, I'm just glad you came." Brandon said, his eyes quickly scanning her.

They made eye contact for a few seconds, there was so much pain in their eyes. Brandon and Callie wanted to be together, but she has waited for a family for what seemed like forever. Callie quickly broke the eye contact and began speaking again.

"So let's hear this piece that I'm sure is absolutely amazing." Brandon looked down, and shook is head while laughing a bit. "No really," Callie continued ,"you are an extraordinary pianist. You are so talented, it blows my mind." Brandon just looked at Callie with a light smirk on his face. He starts to walk over to the piano and sits down, and Callie pulls up a chair from the dinning table.

Brandon starts to play, but Callie notices that it isn't like the songs he has played be before. This one was different. She watches his fingers cascade the keys, and then he starts to sing.

"I took you at your word, when you said you would steal my heart..."

Brandon continues to sing and looks over his shoulder to see Callie 's face full of confusion.

"...now this might sound absurd,

but would you be my thief,

take all of me every part

love, love, love is my crime

so baby come catch me and lets do the time

I think we might be outlaws

I think I might be in love

'cause I'm all out of reasons, like seasons,

winter, summer, fall, they're all washed up