chapter 66

Here's the song I was talking about Erica!

Sarah

This is it! The flight to Sydney. 16 hours and we'll be there! It's very different from the last time I took this flight! That was what started it all!

I'm sure Mikey intentionally had us sitting far behind the kids this time, and right by the bathroom. He tries to be sneaky, but it doesn't work half the time.

Luckily the flight's not super full, so nobody sits beside us, giving us the space to sprawl out across the seats, Mikey's back towards the window, with me between his legs, his arms wrapped around me. Now this is déjà vu!

About an hour into the flight, I start to doze off, comfortable in his arms, where I belong. After sleeping for about two hours, he wakes me up.

"Sarah! Babydoll! Look!" he whispers in my ear. I groggily open my eyes to see him waving his phone in my face.

"Okay, babe? I can't exactly see it when it's moving all over the place," I tell him, grabbing his wrist to hold his hand still. "Now what am I looking at?"

"The pictures went up on twitter." My heart sinks.

"And?"

"It's too early to tell," he says. He is really excited about everyone knowing about me. I'd much rather keep this quiet a little longer, but the light in his eyes is so bright that I can't bear to disappoint him. Mikey's lane IS the most chill, so at least I have that going for me!

I get out my own phone, log on to the plane's WiFi and look it up myself. The old saying 'curiosity killed the cat?' Yup. That's me. I search for his name and see three pictures posted and reposted over and over. There's one of us with his arm around my waist as we're waiting for a table, one of us holding hands on the table, smiling at each other. Okay, I really like that one! I save that one to my phone. Then there's one of us about to board the plane. In that one, he's obviously waiting for the kids to go ahead of him, while he and I are holding hands. Well, my unspoken fear of them thinking he was with Grace is gone. I start looking through the tweets and comments and find most of them are along the line of "WTF?" while the rest are split between "She looks old enough to be his mum" and "Look at how happy he looks! Awww"

Okay, not so bad yet. I expected this. I close twitter and make Mikey close his. "Let the guys check it out. We're on vacation," I whisper to him. I hope he can hear in my voice that I just want his attention to myself. I don't want to sound clingy or needy, because I'm not. I just want to enjoy what little time I get to spend with him.

As I turn myself around in his arms to look at him, the look in his eye changes. Oh, I know that look. The green of his eyes darken into an emerald, the color I find irresistible. The color that makes my insides tighten with desire. I try to find the strength within me to think rationally, Grace and Mason are a few rows up, but when he bites his bottom lip, all sense of reason disappears. I connect my lips to his soft gentle ones and I am like jelly. The effect he has on me is so powerful and I'm helpless against it. His hands roams up my shirt, unclasping my bra and cupping them in his large hands.

Michael

I love the way her body reacts to mine. I think I love it too much, but I can't resist. But when I see Grace's blue hair coming down the aisle towards the bathroom, I quickly remove my hand from inside her jeans and turn her around, wrapping my arms around her waist. She groans in complaint until she sees Grace pop into view.