Chapter 44

Sarah

I fill Michael in on the chaos that surrounds my dad's side of the family and I hope I haven't scared him.

"So can I just ask what the actual story is about all this?" Grace asks while we're driving. I glance in the rear view at her and know she's talking about what we're telling people. We explain to her and she nods in understanding. "That's why you slept on the couch last night, right Michael?" She's saying that for the boys' sake. I love this girl!

"Yup," he replies casually. Being in front of cameras all the time, he knows how to make himself sound believable. That definitely will come in handy.

"We're here," I announce pulling into the large driveway.

"Nice house!" Michael mumbles. No shit!

"Yeah, they're kinda loaded. Um, so we went to see you guys at Hershey last summer, 8 of us. You'll get to meet 5 of the other 6 this weekend." He looks a bit nervous now, but he nods as we climb out of the car.

"GRACE!!!" I hear Mary yelling as she runs to us.

"Here comes the worst of them all," I whisper to Mikey as I grab bags out of the trunk.

"MARY!"

"GRACE! OHMYGOD! IS THAT?! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! GRACE? WHY IS MICHAEL CLIFFORD HERE? AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

"I see what you mean!" he whispers back with a smile as he sends out a tweet.

Michael5sos: spending the rest of holiday with a good friend

"Grace! Mary! Did you just see what Mikey - " and Diana is speechless. I can't control the laughter.

"I don't have to tell you two who this is. Mikey, this is Mary and Diana. They're actually my cousins, but yeah." And so begins the explanations, before we're even inside. Mikey helps me grab the bags and we walk inside, Mary whispering nonstop to Grace and Diana in silence behind us.

"Girls? Can you give Mikey time to meet the crazy crew before you inundate him?"

"Oh, yeah, sure." They all run upstairs to Mary's room, Mary screaming again once they're behind closed doors.

"I warned you!" I tell him as I lead the way into the kitchen of chaos.

"Sarah!!!! And who's this?" my uncle asks. He genuinely is interested because he's just awesome. He's my favorite uncle of all. We get crowded with more family members before I introduce them.

"Guys, this is my friend Michael. You know the concert we all went to last summer? Five Seconds of Summer? Michael's the guitarist. Rob and I met him on the plane to Australia last month and we became really close friends with them."

"Wait, you're Australian?" my uncle asks him.

"Yes, the rest of the band is back home. But my parents are on a cruise and I was going to be spending holiday by myself, so I surprised Sarah with a visit. I figured she could use a friend right now. And my band will be out next week for Rockin New Years Eve in Times Square. So I just came early."

"Aww that's really sweet of you. Well welcome Michael! Is it Michael or Mike, or?"

"Anything is fine. You'd be amazed at what some people call me," he chuckles.

My uncle drags him off talking and I laugh. Thrown to the wolves already! But now my own interrogation starts. My aunt knows I'm a huge Mikey girl so she's drilling me right away.