Chapter 48

Sarah

I can't explain why I am crying, yet here I am, completely naked, crying onto Michael's fully clothed chest. Is it because he so selflessly gave to me, asking nothing in return? Or is it because I am able to feel loved, fully and completely loved without any guilt whatsoever? Or is it because I have fully let go of each and every emotion I've been keeping locked inside me for weeks, if not months? I believe it's all of these combined into one, that I finally feel free and happy.

"Why are you crying babydoll? Did I do something wrong? Ohmygod are you alright Sarah? Babydoll please talk to me." The love and concern is so apparent in his voice, that the only response I have for him is to press my lips to his, allowing him to feel my every emotion.

"I'm more than okay, Mikey. Thank you. Thank you for loving me, for making me happy, for being so incredibly patient with me, and for accepting me just the way I am."

"You don't have to thank me Sarah. I love you. That's what love is," he tells me, with tears in his eyes. He pulls me in for a kiss and then we lay there in each others arms in silence.

"You should probably put some pajamas on, just in case," he says as we start to doze off.

"Mmmm" I'm too tired to move.

"Babydoll? Pajamas?"

"Mmmm"

He chuckles and gets out of bed, going to my dresser and pulling out a pair of sweatpants and one of his tee shirts he had packed for me in Australia. I wore them every night that Rob was out of town, and now I can wear them all the time. This makes me happy as he helps me get dressed. He then takes off his shirt and jeans, starting to climb back in when I say, "sweats?"

"Grace, right." He puts on a pair of sweatpants then climbs back into bed. I make sure my alarm is set and then cuddle back up with him like I was earlier, drifting off to sleep.

Michael

What the fuck? Why is my voice blasting in my ears? It's not until Sarah rolls over to shut off her alarm that it clicks. She has Permanent Vacation set as her alarm!

"Permanent Vacation?" I ask her with a smirk as she stretches. Damn she looks good even doing that!

"Well yeah! It's loud, fast, wakes me up quickly, and I'm always in a good mood when I wake up to your voice!" she answers with a smile. It's the little things like that which make me fall deeper and deeper in love with her every single day.

"Why so early?" I ask, finally registering the ungodly hour. The only time I ever see 5am is when I'm going to bed!

"School. Grace takes forever to wake up. Unless..." she starts. I know where she's going with this.

"I'll go wake her." She smiles then goes to wake up Casey. Apparently he gets the bus an hour before the other two, but Grace is just that hard to wake up. Great! Lucky me!

I knock on her locked bedroom door.

"Uh? Grace? It's time to get up!"

"Uh hu." Absolute silence. Not a single sound of her getting out of bed.

"Grace?"

"Hu? Right!" Again absolute silence. Oh god, it's going to be a long morning!

"Grace? Do you do this every morning?"

"Hu? Right! Coming!" How the hell does Sarah do this every day? I start calculating time zones in my head.

"Hey Grace?"