Chapter 14

Michael

The beach isn't my favorite place to be, but anywhere we go, we turn into a good time. And knowing Sarah loves the ocean, I had to suggest it. Ashton's trying to make a move on her, he made that clear the other night when he kissed her. It kinda bothers me, just a little. It's the selfish side of me.

For loving the ocean, she doesn't go in it much, which really surprises me. She's spent most of the day on the beach, laying out. I help put suntan lotion on her back when she flips over and I can vaguely see her tattoo through her white bottoms. I finally got to see it the other night and it seems quite fitting.

Sarah

We have been up on the beach all afternoon, when Michael suddenly picks me up, taking me into the water, and dumping me in once we're deep enough. The other guys cheer and Michael does a little dance, making Ness and I laugh. He's such a dork! These guys are hilarious.

We all decide to go wave diving, but Michael keeps losing. "You're supposed to come up AFTER the wave!" Ness tells him.

"But that's not as much fun!" We all laugh at him. Only Mikey would make losing the fun part!

When the sun starts to set, I go back up to the beach and get my camera out of my pelican case, taking pictures of everything, from all angles. I get a few shots of the guys splashing around and then keep shooting everything I see. I take some with my phone to send mom and Grace, too.

When I sit back up on the towel, I start with the sunset and it's reflection on the water, playing with my settings to get different effects of the same shot. I'm so captivated by the sight through my viewfinder that I didn't notice Ashton coming up beside me.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I screech and almost drop my camera, making him laugh as he apologizes for scaring me.

"No, it's fine. I was just so engrossed that I didn't see you coming up. It's gorgeous. No matter how many I've watched the sunset, it never gets old! Especially through a camera. There's so much you can do with one simple sunset."

"Can I see?" he asks, scooting as close to me as possible, leaning his head in close to mine to see my display. My heart rate increases every second as I go through the pictures I've taken today. I show him the ones of them that I took, and he's really impressed.

"I'm not artistic enough to set up shots, but I can capture the moment better than a lot of people." I'm not trying to brag, that's what I've been told and I do pride myself in capturing just the right shot.

I am still looking at my camera, so when I turn to look at him, I'm surprised at how close his face is to mine. He leans in a little closer, pressing his lips gently to mine. Okay, wow. That's the second time now. Holy shite! Damn. He starts to pull away but I quickly put my hand on the back of his neck and pull him back in eagerly.

Michael

Oh shit. As I look at the others, I think I'm the only one that sees Ash and Sarah. "Let's go make a bonfire!" I suggest. I need to get him away from her without being obvious! As soon as I say that, everyone heads out of the water and back up to our spot on the beach. I notice Ashton scoot away from her when we start heading up. Good.

I'm just being selfish, right? I mean, she's married, with a family of her own. There's no jealousy involved. There can't be.

Ashton

Damn. They had to come back up now didn't they? I'm fairly certain that was Michael's doing. Cockblock. He comes up and sits on the other side of Sarah and starts talking to her, about what I don't know. I'm too pissed off to pay attention. Pissed off? Why am I pissed off? Fuck what's wrong with me? Stop it Ashton! She's only here for another week!