Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

“Mitchell actually.” She smiled, as she was handed her robe.

“You got married?” She gasped, “Congratulations!”

After thanking the doctor, Diana went to get changed, leaving Joel with us.

“So, are you Diana's sister?” Dr. Sanders asked.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“I thought so,” She nodded, “You look very alike.”

“I've been told...”

“So how far along are you?” She inquired, “You look rather big.”

“Six months...” I sighed, “Not long now...”

“Ooh, and is this your daughter too?” She questioned, pointing to Chrissie.

“Yes this is Chrissie, she turned one last month.” I explained, “And this here is Joel, Diana's son. He's only four months old...”

“Wow.” She said, “And will these little guys be getting a brother or a sister?”

“Sister for Chrissie, but Diana hasn't found out yet.” I told her. I wondered if she would find out the gender... She found out for Joel after all...

“It's probably too early to know now anyway.” Dr. Sanders said, as Diana came back into the room, “Ready?”

“Yeah.” Diana breathed. It was only her second ultrasound with the new baby, and I know she had been excited.

“Everything seems healthy.” Dr. Sanders assured as she scanned Diana's belly, “Good size, good heartbeat, so you've got nothing to worry about.”

“Thank God...” I heard Diana whisper.

“You're exactly twelve weeks along now, so I'd say your due date is 7th August.”

“Really, at my last ultrasound I was told July 24th.” She told her.

“It's only an estimate, due dates can change.”

“Okay,” She nodded, and got down from the bed.

“Your turn Melanie.” Dr. Sander informed me. I grinned excitedly, and placed Chrissie down on the seat. She immediately started screaming, so Diana picked her up after she had changed into her clothes.

“I'll go wait in the car.” She muttered, picking up Joel's car seat.

“Please don't go Di.” I sighed, “I want you to stay with me.”

“Fine.” She said simply, and sat down with Chrissie on her lap.