.Chapter 45: Drunk Talk

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" I hear Zayn asks and see his legs infront of me. I look up at him with a small smile of my face.

"Spilled my drink," I explain, standing up.

"Hmm," he hums. I just nod and study him. He has very faint color of purple on the corner of his mouth.

"What were you doing?" I ask him, looking at him intensely.

"I was just talking to a few people," he says and I just nod. I have a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. It's an anxious, nauseating feeling, but I ignore it. If I'm going to be a a new, happy Maddi, then I don't need to dwell on things.

"You look exhausted, ready to go?" Zayn helps me up.

I start to nod yes, but quickly shake me head. If I'm going to change might as well start with this party. Honestly, the worse thing that can come out of this is a raging hangover.

"No?" Zayn seems surpised.

"Mhmm," I hum. "It's not even ten yet."

I smile at Zayn before taking his drink out of his hand and take a large sip out of it. I'm going to need all the confidence I can get and alcohol always seems to do the job.

....

"Oops," I giggle, looking down at the mess I just made by bumping into a shelf.

"Damn it Madison," Zayn mumbles under his breath.

"Sorry," I giggle again.

Zayn practically carries me into his bedroom then helps me sit down without causing anymore ruckus. I stare up at him as he takes off his coat right in front of me. He is so amazing, not just look wise, but personality wise too.

When I first met him he was, hell still is, this arrogant asshole. But now that I've gotten to know him I know just how carring and funny he can be. When he tries to hide this side of him, just makes him even more amazing, although it confuses the hell out of me.

"What?" Zayn quirks his eyebrow at me. I blush, realizing he caught me staring before looking away.

Zayn chuckles and I look back up at him. He has a small smile on his face and shakes his head. It's really a sight to be seen.

"Lets get you to bed."

"I'm not tired," I state. I stand up very clumsily and when I fall forward Zayn catches me. I laugh a little but stop once I look into Zayn's eyes. I could stare into his eyes for days and never get bored. By the way he is staring back it seem like the feeling is mutual.

Zayn's POV

I hold onto Maddi's waist as her hands are latched to my shoulders. She has a faint smile and some of her hair is in her face. Her cheeks arr flushed and eyes wide with her makeup smeared around them. Yet, she is still gorgeous, breathtaking even.

I realize I am staring and quickly clear my throat and help her regain her balance.

"Here," I walk her to the top of the bed and move the covers so she could lie down. Once she is in my bed I place the covers on her and start to leave but she stops me.

"Where are you going?" She whispers before yawning.

"I'm going to sleep in the other room," I tell her.

"Why?" She asks, almost looking hurt.

"Just-" I stop myself. I honestly don't have an answer for her. I can't tell her it's because I've became too fond of her and it's ruining the plan and I can't seem to lie to her either.