[200] Step by Step, Two Feet Forward

"The World Cup, huh..."

President Jo blinked and then lightly clapped his hands.

"Not bad. Since we're not official sponsors, there's no advertising opportunity. But during the World Cup season, if we utilize it well, lots of foreign journalists will flock in. We might see tremendous advertising effects."

"If we do well! Isn't this somewhat meaningless? If we do well, it's good no matter what event it is. The problem is how to do well. Isn't that the point?"

Oh Se-hyeon's expression still didn't seem pleased.

"There's a way to do well."

The gaze of both men turned to me.

"Let's do a large-scale event."

"An event?"

"Yes. Every time the Korean national team wins, we'll have a drawing to give away 100 new cars."

"What?"

"From among those who watched the Korean matches in the stadium. We'll choose based on seat numbers..."

"Wait a moment. Giving away 100 cars is a bit excessive. Typically, for events relying on such large-scale issues, about 10 cars are appropriate."

President Jo jumped up.

"It's a bit too much for an event. When launching a new car, money will be spent in many places. Not only on every broadcast and media outlet but also pouring money into the internet. Special feature articles need to be requested one after another, and exorbitant model fees need to be covered."

"Is it going to end with just 100 cars?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Do you think it's going to end with just one win?"

"Aren't we aiming for the round of 16? So, we might win at least one game?"

Oh Se-hyeon said with a hint of uncertainty.

"I'm considering something more. If we reach the quarter-finals, we'll give away 500 cars, and if we reach the semi-finals, we'll give away 1,000 cars."

Both of them chuckled at the mention of the quarter-finals and semi-finals.

Especially President Jo didn't even bother hiding a mocking expression.

"Wouldn't it be great if you could reach the semi-finals and give away 1,000 cars? If you give away 1,000 cars of compact cars in the tens of millions of won, that's a hundred billion won. Advertising our new car in such a miraculous moment would be a tremendous effect. But giving away 100 cars for one win doesn't make much difference compared to giving away 10 cars."

"Isn't there room to expect that miraculous moment? Every time the national team wins, the advertising effect of the new car increases exponentially."

President Jo didn't oppose my opinion further. After all, expecting about one win is the maximum we can hope for. It was a calculation that we could easily draw about 10 billion won in effects.

"Any other opinions?"

Surely, I must have asked with an indifferent tone, but there was still an opinion that needed to be addressed.

"I have one more thing. There's a player named Park Ji-sung among the representatives this time."

"Who?"

"He played for a Japanese pro team and was selected this time. Sign a contract with him. And also sign a contract with Coach Hiddink."

The crumpled faces of the two men didn't brighten up.