[123] Venture Spirit 1

After barely convincing my father not to see me off, I arrived at the airport, where unexpectedly, Oh Sehyun was waiting for me.

"Why did you come all the way here?"

"Just curious, buddy. Isn't the new car launch in three days? Wouldn't it be nice to see the new car launch?"

"No, thanks. Whether I see it or not won't make any difference to me."

"But it's the first car coming out with the HW name."

It's just a minivan that has been in the works since the days of Ahjin Automobile. It's unrelated to the purpose of my acquisition of the car company, and it's happening out of inertia. There's nothing special about it. The reason for the acquisition will be revealed, and that reason will become HW's slogan when we enter the New Millennium.

Becoming a new car company in a new era is eye-catching and symbolic.

"For now, it might be better if you keep a low profile. It might be misconstrued as interference by the largest shareholder. How about not attending the new car launch? Leave it to the experts for a while. Aren't Ahjin and Sunyang full of experts?"

"No, I want to go. I need to make occasional appearances to keep those guys on their toes."

The role of an investor, or rather a shareholder, is better understood by someone who knows it much better than I do, so I didn't say any more.

"By the way, have you talked to my father?"

"About DMC?"

"Yes."

"If you haven't gotten a definite answer from your father, why would you think you can get one from me?"

"Isn't it more natural to confide in a friend than a son?"

"Children... can be sensitive." Oh Sehyun laughed and tapped my shoulder. "Just wait a little longer. He have a strong desire to do it, but is being more cautious due to concerns about the practical feasibility."

"At least please mention it subtly to him that we need it by the end of this year. Once the preparations are done it would be best to move in immediately, right? Many people will follow once he establish your presence."

"Don't worry about this. Go there, do your work, and come back. I've already talked to them over there, so there won't be any inconvenience."

I told him I was taking a vacation, but it seems I wasn't believed.

"Okay. I'll Take it easy." I sent a worried Oh Sehyun away and boarded the flight to New York.

"Do-jun!" I heard someone calling my name with excitement at the immigration desk.

"Hyung!"

Seeing Sang-Jun hyung after a year, he looked quite different.

His flamboyant, brightly colored hair, which he used to style like a rock star, was nowhere to be seen, and he was dressed in plain blue jeans and a shirt - a completely ordinary appearance.

"What's up? Did you give up on music? You look so ordinary now."

"Yeah, I quit. Hehe." His somewhat gloomy laughter confirmed that he wasn't joking.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Let's talk about it slowly in the car. Mother is preparing a feast for you. Even if you have to force yourself, eat everything."

As we entered the apartment where my mother and brother lived, the smell of food filled the air. It seemed like my mother had some misconceptions. I hadn't returned from abroad; I had come to New York from Korea.