[061] Fight or Sports? 4

"Investing in a car company when the primary goal is profit is hard to understand. It will not only take time to recover the investment, but it might also take a significant amount of time to make a profit. Why take such a risk with a potentially bankrupt company due to poor management? Is it because you want to serve as a proxy for the Japanese automotive industry?"

"Investments don't necessarily have to be short-term."

"The risk of investing in a financially troubled company that may go bankrupt is significant. Is this risk worth it? Could it be because you want to represent the Japanese automotive industry?"

"Who started calling it the Japanese automotive industry in the first place? Where did you get that information, Mr. Reporter?"

When Oh Se-hyun, who couldn't hold back anymore, became agitated, Chairman Song Hyun-chang, sitting next to him, took the microphone.

"I understand the movements in the Japanese automotive industry well. A-jin Motors has collaborated with Japanese companies on technology. I can assert that there is no such thing as the Japanese automotive industry."

All the cameras in the press conference turned toward Chairman Song Hyun-chang.

"Then, I'd like to ask Chairman Song. Seeing that you're here together, can we assume that you support the acquisition of A-jin Group by Miracle Investment?"

"That's correct. Not only me, but all A-jin Group employees support it."

About a dozen labor union officials from A-jin Group stood behind Chairman Song, bowing their heads.

"The entire labor union of A-jin Group pledges, right here, that if Miracle Investment acquires it, we will freeze wages and maintain a no-strike agreement until A-jin Motors achieves profitability. This is the resolution of all union members."

The chairman of the labor union also took the microphone and chimed in.

"But, doesn't supporting employment continuity mean that the individuals responsible for A-jin Group's bankruptcy will continue to manage it? Shouldn't at least the executive-level management step down and take responsibility?"

I was astonished as I watched from the back of the press conference.

Is it possible that these are not reporters but rather employees of Daehyun Group asking questions? To them, Miracle Investment must have appeared suddenly, like a troublemaker who came and sprinkled red pepper flakes.

"The bankruptcy of A-jin Motors was mainly due to external factors, not internal issues. A-jin's specialty steel business was a critical sector that required long-term investment, as you may know... A-jin Motors was actually profitable."

Even the composed Oh Se-hyun began to show signs of anger as he responded to the biased questions from reporters.

"I'd like to ask the economic reporters present here instead. Why did all financial institutions suddenly stop loans and begin bond recovery? There are many companies with much worse financial performance than A-jin. Why did they start pressuring A-jin with funding issues?"

"Does CEO Oh mean that someone planned A-jin's bankruptcy? If so, who do you think is behind it?"

"Isn't it the duty of the media to uncover such things? Why didn't you investigate why the A-jin Group situation occurred?"

Oh, no, these are Korean journalists that he should never provoke!

He's never dealt with malicious reporters before, so they keep tripping him up.