[022] Secretly, Bigger Money 2

"If there's something I want to do, Father, and it doesn't align with your preferences, will you prevent me from doing it?"

"Why would I do that? Whatever Do-Jun wants to do, I'll always support and assist you."

"What if I want to become the CEO of a company even bigger than Grandfather's?"

Suddenly, my father burst into laughter.

"Haha, what's this? Is Do-Jun's dream so big that it seems like Dad won't be able to help?"

I expected him to offer some words of support, even if they were empty, but isn't he being too honest with his son who dreams of a company larger than Korea's top conglomerate?

"Yes."

"What?"

"You can definitely help me enough."

In an instant, my father stopped laughing and became serious.

"How? Just to let you know in advance, I have no interest in running the company. You know that, right?"

"You know a lot of people who can help."

"Me? No. I don't really know people from the Sunyang Group. I only know Director Lee Hak-jae. But he's not someone who's free enough to help you."

"You mentioned earlier that you studied business in the UK... Don't you have any friends from your studies who might help?"

Once again, my father fell silent.

"Who's this? Hey! Jin Yoon-gi! Long time no see."

"Oh, it hasn't even been a year yet. Why are you making such a fuss?"

It's a habit of people who always have to act delighted when they meet clients, especially when those clients are big players who control hundreds of millions.

Jin Yoon-gi's friend Oh Se-hyun, whom he occasionally meets for a drink, is the head of PowerShares, a global asset management company.

PowerShares was founded in 1935 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. It has over 7,000 specialized investment professionals and offices in 40 countries, with assets under management exceeding $120 billion.

It's truly a financial empire.

Oh Se-hyun was a skilled professional, so much so that he became the youngest regional head in the entire Asia-Pacific region for PowerShares.

Although he was only two years older than Jin Yoon-gi, they had known each other for a long time since they primarily conversed in korean when they met in the UK.

"What's brought you here today? Did you come to entrust me with some money?"

"This guy, you don't understand my situation? At my age, where do you think I'd find money to entrust you?"

"Isn't your monthly allowance about ten times my annual salary? Spend half of it and let me handle the rest. I'll cover your expenses."

"You, commoners like you don't understand what it's like for a second-generation chaebol like me. No matter how much I have, it's never enough."

A friend who could mock without offense.

It was a relationship between just the two of them.

"Alright, why did a penniless guy like you come to see me?"

"Because of my son."

"Your son? If it's a kid problem, go see a schoolteacher. Why would I, who plays with money, give you advice?"