[162] Slim and Tight 3

"Do you still have something to say?"

Jin Yeong-gi frowned as he quietly opened the study door to see his daughter-in-law entering. He assumed that her expression meant she wanted to express dissatisfaction with his decisions as the father of her husband.

Seeing her father-in-law's expression, Han Seo-young quickly spoke.

"I don't have any dissatisfaction with your decision, Father. I will fully comply."

"But?"

"There's something I'd like to ask..."

"Take a seat."

Han Seo-young quietly sat in the chair opposite.

"Alright, what is it you'd like to request?"

"Please allow me to continue investigating the relationship between Miracle and your sister-in-law's secret funds using the resources of Hansung Daily."

"What?"

"I've heard that you've even traced the hidden capital that went into a ghost company. With a bit more effort, we can probably unravel the connection to Miracle... It would be such a waste to just fold it like this."

It was an unexpected statement but somewhat commendable in a way. While the whole family was struggling to deal with the situation, she was the only family member showing a will to continue the fight.

Without waiting for an answer, Han Seo-young nervously withstood her father-in-law's gaze.

At that moment, an unexpected sound came from his lips.

"How many of your family members are working behind the scenes like this?"

"What?"

"I'm not scolding you, so don't be alarmed. Just answer. How many are there?"

"Uh... Father... I..."

"You don't know anything?"

"Yes."

Jin Yeong-gi couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of his daughter-in-law turning red from her ears to her cheeks.

She was raised like a princess in an esteemed household, yet she was so assertive. It wasn't that she appeared forward, only that her ambition sometimes preceded her, making her look anything but stubborn.

He wondered how he would have reacted if it had been his daughter, or his son, in this situation.

"Tomorrow, you should go to the family's house and bring all the data you've collected. It includes the investigation on our family as well as the one about Miracle."

"Father, I don't really know about the family from my side..."

"Alright. I'll just trust that you don't know. But you must have the data. Bring it all. Don't ask for permission or anything. What you proposed is that we reconsider everything after reviewing the data."

Han Seo-young's face brightened.

Reconsider everything... Her father-in-law had clearly said it, "reconsider."

He meant that he would listen to her thoughts continuously.

"Yes, I will go tomorrow."

"Alright, go out and relax."

As Han Seo-young was about to bow and leave, she stopped and turned around.

"Um, Father."

"Why? Is there something else you want to say?"