[088] Who's the Boss of This House? 1

Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi trembled with just his hands as he looked at the personnel orders inserted on his approval board.

While the appointments of executives in subsidiary companies still had to follow his father's decisions, the fact that construction executives had all resigned without any word to him had wounded his pride to the point where he couldn't bear it.

"Did these people come to work today?"

"They did not come to the company."

"Then?"

"..."

The nervous secretary hesitated, and Jin Yeong-gi let out a short sigh and lowered his voice.

"If you've found anything, report it. It's okay."

"It seems President Hong Song-chul received Chairman's instructions. The decision to transfer people, including Vice President Baek Jae-jin, was at President Jin's discretion. And..."

"And what else?"

"The transferred personnel are going to the Miracle Investment office in Yeouido."

"Miracle, meaning Oh Se-hyun, that guy?"

"Yes. From Sunyang Automotive to this current matter... it seems highly likely that Miracle has a close relationship with Chairman."

"Miracle lent us $1 billion before. Since then, it may have evolved from a simple business partnership."

The secretary's mention of a close relationship suggests that Miracle could potentially be a vault for the Chairman.

Jin Yeong-gi shook his head. If his father did have a vault, it meant that this would not be the way it's disclosed to the world.

"Do you have any more information?"

"I'm sorry. I can only repeat that Chairman has instructed us to keep quiet for the time being, so I can't provide more details. Maybe you could meet with the Chairman; they're all people who work for him."

"All of them are loyal to Father; they won't talk just because I ask."

"What about Director Kim Kyung-sik? He seems quite young for a Chairman's person."

"Kim Kyung-sik?"

"Yes, don't you know him? He may seem puffed up when he becomes an executive, but when Vice Chairman calls, he'll drop everything and come running."

"Hmm..."

He's a somewhat blurry face. A person whose highest position is director, and maybe when he calls, he might shed tears of joy.

"Book a dinner together quietly."

When he first looked at the personnel files, he wanted to run to his father and confront him, but now he knows better. If you're in your mid-fifties, you understand that taking care of yourself is all you can do.

"Feel free to listen. This is a belated congratulation for your promotion. Becoming a director right after being appointed, and then retiring."

The fact that Director Kim Kyung-sik had come in just a minute meant he hadn't left the company, and the resignations of construction executives were merely a formality on paper.

"I'm sorry, Vice Chairman. I was in such a hurry that I couldn't even give greetings."

"No, no. Whether you work outside or inside, you're still a Sunyang person, right?" Jin Yeong-gi poured a drink while watching Director Kim Kyung-sik's expression. "How is it? Isn't it tough working with President Oh Se-hyun?"