[024] Secretly, Bigger Money 4

"Because there are many secrets in conglomerate families."

"That's not what I meant, though."

Still, he doesn't ease the crease on his forehead.

"I'm quite clever, you know. More than my age suggests."

"But isn't it too much? How can you know things like this at your age?"

Oh Se-hyun shook the notes I had given him.

Now was the time to tell the prepared scenario.

"About three years ago? That's when I first found out. Our family was completely ignored."

I mustn't forget to speak with a somewhat melancholic expression.

"The reason our family is ignored is because of money."

"Do-Jun, that's a misunderstanding. Nobody ignores your family."

Is he saying this out of ignorance, or is it just comforting words? He did say he was my father's close friend, so it's probably the latter. I continued speaking without paying much attention to his words.

"But among the big grandfather's family members, they seem to be cautious of each other and jealous."

"You're quite perceptive."

"Yes. They seem to be trying to get more of Grandfather's company."

"So, do you also want to inherit Grandfather's company?"

"No. I've already mentioned that. I want to have a bigger company than Grandfather's."

"It doesn't seem like that's the answer from this notebook."

Oh Se-hyun furrowed his brow again and shook the notebook.

"If a 12-year-old made the contents of this notebook, no one would believe it. Even if we set aside the content, how did you know all this? Establishing an investment company in the United States and then investing in Korea again? Even Seoul National University business school students don't think like this."

Now I need to respond well. It might be forced, but it's necessary.

"Seoul National University students are not the grandsons of a chaebol chairman. And they don't have dreams as big as mine."

"What?"

"I've been going to my grandfather's house every week for the past three years. During vacations, I stayed with him all the time. I also made an effort to understand everything my grandfather said. You may or may not know, but I'm really smart. I don't make a single mistake on school exams."

This man's eyes were getting bigger, and I thought it was time to cut it off here. If I say more, there will be more questions.

"Uncle, can we stop this conversation now?"

"Uh, yeah. Let's ask one more thing, just the last one."

"Yes."

"Why do you want to transfer the money overseas?"

"Grandfather keeps a lot of money overseas. He says it's the best way to hide money. And if I make money, I have to hide it because there are a lot of jealous people."

"The big uncles?"

"Yes. Those people would even be jealous of Grandfather showing me favor."

"So, you want to earn money and then send it all to the company you'll establish in the United States to hide it."