[155] Give and Take 4

"How did it go? Did you handle it carefully?"

"Isn't acting tough their specialty? What about you, Uncle?"

"He wrapped it up with a formal question. It was all a pretense for Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi's favor."

"Then only Aunt is left."

Oh Sehyun shook his head with a serious expression. "It seems like a fake to pretend to be tearing into Vice Chairman Jin Seo-yoon... It's starting to look like a fake."

"A fake?"

"What Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi is after is not his younger sister, but his nephew."

"Me?"

"Yeah, he wants to dig into the background of Miracle."

"He's curious if I'm the real owner of Sunyang Motors and the distribution group, right?"

"That's right."

"By now, I think the Financial Supervisory Service is probably quite busy..."

"I'll check into that. I'll warn you to be careful even in New York, but there shouldn't be any major issues. They can't investigate a perfectly good company without evidence."

It was a look that didn't completely dispel his concerns. The authorities don't always act only after securing evidence; they can initiate an investigation based on suspicion and circumstantial evidence.

It seemed that there would be a storm to weather at some point.

Instead, it seemed that turning over a bit of dirt and dust would be necessary to ease his mind.

Perhaps Oh Sehyun also felt some level of threat, as he cautiously spoke up.

"Do-jun, if you could ask your grandfather..."

"No, it's not possible. If I were to make that request, it would only disappoint him."

"Disappoint?"

"After a big fight, coming home and tattling about my uncle to an elder, isn't that how it usually goes? The moment I make such a request, won't my grandfather look down on me with disappointment in his eyes? Isn't it just a family feud? My grandfather will only look at the results."

Isn't it all about Sunyang?

No, H.W. Group's senior executives can all have their connections with the prosecution. But the power that reigns over those connections is none other than Sunyang.

Let's try exposing the eldest son of the Sunyang Group, Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi, and everyone will bow down to that force.

Against the power that holds the mainstream, one can only rely on the united strength of the non-mainstream. A head-on confrontation is difficult, but could guerrilla tactics be possible?

Wasn't that prosecutor Lee Kang-sik?

Having survived tenaciously and continuing to work in Seoul, he seemed to have some determination. If I didn't misread it, he would contact me before my business card got cold. Is he just a timid guy?

"In the past, I've been quite rude. Director Jin."

"No, it's not. It's not impolite when you're on official business. I was rude as well. Let's just move on from it."

"But this place...?" Prosecutor Lee Kang-sik looked around the room and settled on the sofa.