[179] The Departure of the Giant 1

"Has the story concluded well?"

"I don't know if it's throwing away 2 billion won. The guy seems hesitant."

Oh Se-hyun expressed his dissatisfaction with pursed lips.

"I thought I charged a hefty tuition fee, but apparently not enough. So, what's the plan after that?"

"That's as far as I can help. If it still doesn't work out, Sang-jun hyung can do whatever he wants, and I'll just go on without worrying."

It cost 2 billion won for independence. Oh Se-hyun could sense the relief in President Joh's eyes. He undoubtedly believed that pouring money into a hopeless cause was foolish.

At that moment, the secretary abruptly opened the door.

"Re-representative,"

"What's wrong? Why are you like that?"

Not bothering with formalities, as if sensing something unusual, the secretary held up the remote control and turned on the TV.

An urgent breaking news flashed across the screen.

『Joo Young-il, Honorary Chairman of Daehyun Group, passed away last night at 10 p.m. at Seoul Daehyun Hospital due to illness. The direct cause of death was reported as 'acute respiratory failure due to pneumonia,' and it was disclosed that he remained conscious until the end.

Former Chairman Joo Young-il had withdrawn from the management scene after announcing his resignation in May of last year. Since then, he had been shuttling between his home and Seoul Daehyun Hospital for treatment. From August onwards, he mainly stayed at the hospital due to severe symptoms of arthritis, making it difficult for him to move.』

Both of us sat there, mouths agape, staring blankly at the TV screen.

『The funeral of the late Chairman Joo Young-il will be held as a family funeral on the 5th. However, considering the conditions of Daehyun, all five economic organizations, including the Federation of Korean Industries, will participate in the funeral. In practical terms, it can be seen as having a strong economic funeral character.

The Federation of Korean Industries stated, 'It could be done as an economic funeral, but considering the conditions of Daehyun, we have discussed opinions to hold it as a family funeral.' They added, 'However, given that the deceased served as the chairman of the Federation of Korean Industries for ten years and contributed to the Korean economy, it is expected that all economic figures will attend the funeral.'

A memorial hall is planned to be set up in Daehyun Group's domestic and international business locations, and it is reported that the funeral expenses and procedures will be managed by Joo Tae-sik, the eldest son and the chairman of Daehyun Automobile.』

TV stations started presenting Joo Young-il's eventful life almost like a documentary.

Awakening to the situation, Oh Se-hyun immediately picked up the phone.

"Monitor Daehyun Group's stock prices in real-time and report every 10 minutes."

Regardless, Daehyun Group's stock prices would likely drop, but they would likely recover to normal levels in a month or two.

"Well, it's going to get interesting from now on, isn't it?"

"I don't think it'll be that dynamic. Hasn't the division of affiliates already been completed?"

Anticipating fierce succession battles that might be called the Prince's Strife, he didn't know what the future held, but he glanced at it briefly.

"Where does the money fight end? The sons, who have been silent because of their father, will actively step forward. Besides, there are quite a few children, right? There are eight sons alone. And don't forget Chairman Joo's brothers. Will those gentlemen, almost like the founding fathers, just sit still? They would want to give their share to their children too, causing a commotion."