[158] Double-Edged Sword 2

Speaking forcefully, making it clear that he wasn't scared at all, Jin Yeong-gi frowned visibly.

"Are you playing around with me right now?"

"No one is perfect. That's why they make mistakes. Mistakes can be fatal for companies like us, especially if a place like the National Tax Service seizes on those mistakes. Don't you find that terrifying?"

Jin Yeong-gi stared at Oh Sehyun, who spoke brazenly for a while, then let out a sly smile.

"I thought all of Yoon-gi's friends were dull... I was very wrong. Yoon-gi, his friends... none of them are ordinary."

Jin Yeong-gi, who changed his attitude in an instant, showed the calmness of a vice chairman.

"Alright. Let's overlook the small things, and go big. Let's bring all the companies that Miracle has devoured under the shelter of Sunyang. I'm willing to pay whatever it takes."

"Don't speak so arrogantly. Do you know the corporate value of HW Group?"

Oh Sehyun couldn't help but throw a sharp remark, but it seemed Jin Yeong-gi didn't even hear it.

"Representative Oh , aren't you an expert in that area? Let's do M&A. Evaluate the corporate value rationally and give everything according to the results."

"Let's discuss the big issues after solving the small problems. Please stop the Financial Supervisory Service from scrutinizing our Miracle. Then I can also end it here."

"What do you mean by 'end it'?"

"I've done some research here and there since I couldn't just stand still. You've done some foreign exchange manipulation."

Jin Yeong-gi's eyebrows twitched, but he soon regained his composure.

"What's that supposed to mean? It's a minor violation for a Korean company. Even you must make an illegal U-turn while driving sometimes, right? It's about that level."

"An illegal U-turn? I sometimes make one too. But not while I'm drunk. This is drunk driving plus crossing the centerline."

"Drunk? What do you mean by that?"

"A dollar from the foreign exchange manipulation ended up flowing into a gambling establishment, so I'm currently trying to confirm who it is. Ah, that account is owned by the Sunyang Group, so it would be difficult to feign ignorance."

Oh Sehyun observed Jin Yeong-gi without revealing his wife's name.

He was curious to see how he would react to the word "gambling," but his response was quite different from what he expected. If he knew that his wife was the subject, there would have been a visible reaction. He appeared expressionless, as if he had either never heard the word "gambling" before or was hearing it for the first time.

"I need to hear one piece of news by the end of today. The official investigation by the Financial Supervisory Service and the conclusion of the investigation. If I don't hear that news, the news about the illegal U-turn of the drunk driver will be splashed all over the news tomorrow."

"You just mentioned gambling, right? Foreign gambling?"

"Yes. That's the essence of drunk driving. And you should know who the driver is even without me telling you, right?"

In an instant, Oh Sehyun, who had firmly handed his business card to the table, stood up.

"My phone number. It's valid until the end of today. Remember it."

As Oh Sehyun left the vice chairman's office, he frowned.

"Doesn't that gentleman know that his wife is addicted to gambling?"