[083] Tools for a Purpose 3

"Oh, not a bad idea. Gather all our audit team and call Samjeong Accounting Firm to gather auditors and send them. Also, put the physical inspection team on standby. We'll have a meeting in 10 minutes."

When Oh Sehyun was gathering people for tomorrow, I called my grandfather.

"Can I meet you right away, Grandfather? There's something urgent I need to discuss."

We needed to be prepared for any thoughts that Dae-ah Construction might have. When they turned their ominous thoughts into actions, my grandfather was the only one who could stop them.

After Oh Sehyun got off in Yeouido, the sedan headed for Mapo Bridge.

As I rushed into my grandfather's study, he greeted me with a smile.

"Oh, you rascal. You're running out of breath. Why? Did the IMF collapse again?"

"If the IMF collapses again, I'll be flying around instead of running."

There's still 1.8 billion dollars left. The worse the foreign exchange crisis gets, the higher its value rises, so I would have no choice but to fly around.

"By telling me not to go anywhere and to wait here in the study, it seems I'm needed, right?"

"Yes, I desperately need your help."

"Speak. Listen and think about how much you'll receive."

At the end of each sentence is money, but he always gives more. Isn't a grandfather always generous to his grandson?

"I'm involved with Dae-ah Construction. They are a crucial company for progressing this year's Mapo DMC project. The owners and management of that company are undoubtedly embezzling everything they can from a collapsing company. We're planning to move in before they do and take control. What do you think?"

"You've hit the jackpot, you rascal! Haha." Grandfather chuckled as he tapped on the desk.

At the age of almost 80, having lived through countless experiences, he appeared to be wise beyond measure. He seemed to have a clear understanding of what was happening and what needed to be done in the future.

"Who's the CEO of Dae-ah Construction? Kang...?"

"It's CEO Kang Museong. His younger brother, Kang Mujin, is the executive vice president."

"The executive vice president? Have you met him already?"

"Yes, I confirmed it a little while ago."

"After confirming, are you convinced that they are embezzling money?"

"Yes. As soon as Miracles Investment secured 5% of Dae-ah's shares, they contacted us and said they wanted to discuss a deal."

"5%?" Grandfather raised an eyebrow. "I've heard that there are plenty of these sly guys in the securities industry who swoop in like vultures to take a spoonful of the marrow. It seems like Oh Sehyun thinks the same way."

Securing 5% of a company's shares and wielding influence is not limited to failing companies. There are also those who acquire shares in sound companies and become major shareholders, selling them later at a higher price. However, securing 5% of the shares in a sound company can be extremely costly, so ordinary vultures don't dare to attempt it.

"Yes. When Geukdong Construction collapsed, Dae-ah Construction's stock price began to plummet, and bankruptcy rumors are spreading. We easily secured it without investing much."

"They must be panicking, right? If you demand an emergency shareholders' meeting as soon as tomorrow, they'll be in a frenzy."

"Rather than a shareholders' meeting, I plan to dig through their books tomorrow and gather evidence of their embezzlement."