[016] The Era of Ordinary People 1

The congratulatory celebration was held in grand style. It wasn't just for the newly elected freshman legislator, but rather a gathering of individuals who wanted to leave their mark on Chairman Jin, the top figure.

Upon arriving at the banquet hall, our family first greeted Aunt Jin Seo-yoon, who welcomed guests at the entrance with a bright smile.

"Congratulations, sister. You've taken another step up."

Even with Father's straightforward congratulations, Aunt couldn't hide her happiness, wearing a constant smile.

"Again? Why are you being so sarcastic?"

Father playfully nudged her shoulder and exchanged glances.

"Offer your greetings since your brother-in-law is here. Behave yourselves, and if you feel uncomfortable, slip away discreetly."

"Since becoming a legislator's wife, you've become more gracious. Haha."

While Father was bursting into laughter, Mother and my older brother, Sang-jun, still had tense expressions.

"Congratulations, sir."

"Hello."

They greeted Aunt, but she continued to smile.

"Oh, Sang-jun's mom. I have one small request."

"Yes, go ahead."

"A very important figure from the party leadership is here, and I'd like you to greet them in person."

At that moment, Father's eyebrows twitched. "Sister, what are you talking about? Are you trying to get a laugh out of me or something?"

"Honey!" Mother grabbed Father's sleeve and pulled him away. She always had to clean up any mess, so she wanted to avoid unnecessary disturbances.

"Hey! He's just a fan of Sang-jun's mom. That's why he asked for a simple greeting. What's he making a fuss about?"

"Yes, don't worry. I'll greet them separately."

Mother hurriedly led Father into the banquet hall, leaving behind Aunt's anger.

"Honey, don't get upset over trivial matters. You know how anxious I get every time."

Whether he was being a loving husband or a dutiful husband, it was hard to tell, but Father smiled and tightly held Mother's hand.

"Okay. Let's make a quick round and then leave."

Thanks to Mother's earnest plea, Father continued to smile as he mingled with the people. Then, he spotted the guest of honor, Choi Seo-bang, and shook his hand.

"Congratulations on your election, brother-in-law. So, how does it feel? Is being a legislator better than a prosecutor? Haha."

"Thank you, brother. Can we even tell yet? And I didn't get promoted from a chief prosecutor to a freshman legislator. The hard work is just beginning. Haha."

When Sang-jun and I greeted Choi Seo-bang, he affectionately patted our heads and lightly bowed to Mother.

"It seems the reason everything is so lively around here is thanks to your sister-in-law. How can one become more beautiful as they age?"

"Congratulations, Choi Seo-bang."

I quickly noticed Choi Seo-bang 's gaze scanning Mother from head to toe.

Sly little brat. I thought I might be able to get closer and find some use for him, but I can't stand this guy at all.

"Oh, by the way, brother-in-law, I need your help greeting someone."