[055] Win-Win 2

"Oh, that stubborn General Onggojib. He's as unchanged as ever, even as he gets older."

Chairman Jin stuck out his tongue as he extended a cup of makgeolli, and Song Hyun-chang poured the drink into two cups with both hands.

"Did you meet with me thinking you might bribe me?"

"Where would I have money? I spent it all buying steel bars. I'm penniless."

"Oh, today's drink money came from me."

"Having no debt in my pocket, despite being penniless, might be better than being someone struggling with debt. Today, it's on me."

After exchanging jokes and light-hearted words for a while, Chairman Jin got straight to the point.

"You can't avoid bankruptcy. From what I've heard, the prevailing opinion is to clean up before the presidential election."

"Daehyun Group is truly impressive. Their net is cast wide, and they haven't found any holes."

Although there might be large companies that haven't been caught in the crosshairs of government scrutiny, Chairman Song had been frustrated. He couldn't find any weaknesses in Daehyun Group's grip.

"It was a tough life for you, Chairman Song. Everyone you met was either buying a house with Daehyun's money or sending their children to school. But my net is a bit tighter, a bit tougher."

It was a hint. Chairman Song Hyun-chang's expression changed.

"Please tell me what you mean."

"Since you're inevitably going to face bankruptcy... how about we face it quickly and make a fresh start?"

A fresh start didn't mean what ordinary people thought. It wasn't about repaying debts diligently; it meant using loopholes to clear debts all at once.

Song Hyun-chang's mind raced.

"Chairman Daehyun already has a plan, right? Debt reduction, consolidation of a few A-jin Group subsidiaries... I assume he plans to invest Daehyun's funds after burning most of the A-jin stocks."

"Is that from your experience? You seem to know it well."

"Because I was the one who personally devised that plan six years ago. Now, Chairman Daehyun is in the process of implementing that plan."

"But that plan failed, didn't it? Can we rest easy now?"

"We can't be lucky twice. This time, there's only the collapse of large corporations, and there's no corruption scandal that could shake the government. There are more factors for success."

"Calculate the cost of the makgeolli yourself. I find it unfair to calculate it while I'm sitting on a pile of debt."

He had already given up to some extent, but when Chairman Jin spoke further, his eyes suddenly widened.

"Let Chairman Song calculate it. I'll ensure you keep your position as Chairman."

He wasn't one to utter empty words for consolation. Every word that came out of his mouth held the power to shake the business world.

"You mentioned being penniless, Chairman."

"Is it only my money? Money doesn't have name tags."

Song Hyun-chang, who had been looking at Chairman Jin for a moment, called out towards the kitchen.

"Okcheon Madam! Bring more makgeolli and scallion pancakes here."

When the lady from the scallion pancake house brought makgeolli and scallion pancakes to the table and left, Chairman Song poured the contents of the makgeolli cup in Chairman Jin's hand onto the floor.