[167] Independence

"10%?"

"Yes, Vice Chairman. Jin Do-jun has succeeded the four main subsidiaries and six affiliates. Ownership shares are held by Sunyang Life."

Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi heaved a sigh of relief.

"I've prepared the ownership details accurately. Please review it."

Jin Yeong-gi swiftly picked up a few documents that the polite secretary handed over.

Jin Yeong-gi: 36%

Jin Dong-ki: 33%

Miracle: 16%

Jin Do-Jun: 10%

"The remaining 5% is held by executives?"

"Yes. There are 34 of them. Twenty-one are retired, and thirteen are currently active. The detailed list is in the back."

Vice Chairman Jin Yeong-gi skimmed through the list and furrowed his brow.

"All these people... they are all Father's subordinates."

"Yes. Only Chairman can retrieve those shares, but it was divided to recognize their merits, so he probably won't attempt to reclaim them."

"Let's not contact these people right away... No, let's observe them more. If we rush in, Father might hear about it. That's right. You still have time, so you can move slowly."

The secretary looked relieved, watching Jin Yeong-gi's unhurried demeanor. It was the incident from yesterday. Trying to contact the executives holding 5% of the shares right now will immediately reach Chairman Jin's ears.

Isn't it obvious that they will be heavily scolded by that ignorant man?

"Keep a close eye on their movements. Add more people if necessary, and report on everyone they meet."

"Yes, Vice Chairman."

Jin Yeong-gi thought of Jin Do-Jun's face. There was no need to snatch the shares held by that little kid. He just needed to turn him into his loyal dog. A dog grows through its owner's love.

In the future, he would always show the image of a kind uncle and patiently turn him into his person. There was no need to rush since there was nothing he could do with a 10% stake.

"What I need isn't an obvious ownership structure. How many times have I told you? Is this all the Sunyang Group shares we have?"

Vice Chairman Jin Dong-ki shouted as he grabbed the document handed by the head of the secretary's office.

"Identify all external organizations and individuals who can influence the group. Don't you know that if they come together, anyone with the surname Jin in the Sunyang Group will be completely ousted?"

"Vice, Vice Chairman, that's..."

The head of the secretary's office had to accept Vice Chairman Jin Dong-ki's forced agitation. After all, these shareholders were not shareholders who exercised voting rights. Banks, financial institutions, and public agencies that held a substantial amount of shares in major subsidiaries of the Sunyang Group showed little interest in corporate governance. Their ownership of Sunyang Group shares was not acquired to influence corporate governance, but rather as part of their portfolio diversification, no different from bank deposits.

The same was true for individual shareholders. Especially those who had held shares for a long time considered them as part of their wealth and had never exercised their voting rights to participate in management.

The only variables now were the shares held by executives, Miracle, and Jin Do-Jun.

"Why? Are you trying to make it sound like it's impossible to figure out?"