[064] The World of Villains 3

He threw the remote control towards the TV, but the monitor remained intact. It was as if the TV itself was mocking him.

"From now on, make sure I don't see the name 'Sunyang' in front of my eyes."

In the conference room, the chairman and executives of Sunyang Electronics began to feel uneasy about the Sunyang mobile phones in their pockets. Fortunately, they had turned them off.

"Did no one know about this? Didn't you put people on Song Hyun-chang and Oh Se-hyun?"

"Until last night, there was no sign of any unusual activity."

"Were you all blind? What can't you see?"

Someone spoke up with a creeping tone, but all that followed was the chairman's furious outburst.

"How many phone calls did it take for those three to negotiate such an agreement? They must have met dozens of times. What on earth are you people doing?"

After ranting for a while, the chairman seemed to realize that now was not the time for tantrums.

"We didn't see this sneak attack coming. Now, tell me how we can make up for it."

No one was quick to speak up.

Bidding on an item in an auction is not like buying a single item. It's more like calling out the highest price and winning the bid. If 1 trillion won isn't enough, then you can spend 2 trillion or 3 trillion.

However, the bidding documents include a very important item called "non-price factors."

Especially in the case of acquisitions by top-tier conglomerates like A-jin Group, it is an extension of high-level political maneuvers.

They need the support of the Blue House, government ministries, and the National Assembly.

The merger of Sunyang and A-jin looks good on paper and seems reasonable. Isn't it obvious that if Daehyun swallows it, tens of thousands will lose their jobs?

The presidential election is the day after tomorrow. How much of a burden would it be for the ruling party candidate to create tens of thousands of unemployed?

"Aren't you all too quiet, even the ones with your eyes wide open? Have you turned into honey-drinking mute bees? Why aren't you saying anything?"

Chairman Ju Young-il, after scanning the conference room once, looked at the speechless executives and let out a bitter laugh.

"Starting now, I'm giving you two hours. Find every possible way to turn the situation around. Mobilize every possible lobbying effort, even if it means using relatives and friends. Apply pressure, whether they're 9th-grade government employees or bank clerks. Use all means necessary."

The chairman took out his mobile phone and left the conference room.

First stop: the Blue House!

"Father, we can't let this happen."

"Just sit down for now. Would you like a drink, at least?"

Vice-Chairman Jin opened the study door abruptly and entered, Chairman Jin looked at his eldest son with a displeased expression.

"You're abandoning the automobile industry? Won't you regret this?"

Jin Yeong-gi, the vice chairman, struggled to hold back what he really wanted to say, and his forehead showed signs of irritation.

Cars that couldn't escape from the bottom of the heap for years, cars drowning in deficits, they could all be abandoned. But having to learn about such a critical decision for the group through the TV!