[126] Next Jab is a Straight 1

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

They just laughed at the two people who didn't understand exactly.

"Both of you are lucky. This time, I really got greedy."

Seeing them hesitate about what to say, he chuckled.

"So, how about doing it like this?"

The two people sat down next to me.

"I will invest up to 30 million dollars sequentially. After that, if more investment is needed, it means either the company has grown tremendously or you've lost all the money, one of the two, right?"

The latter is another way of saying that it failed. If Google fails, something is wrong, not their algorithms.

"If the scale grows and additional funding is needed, even if it's not me, many investors will flock in. Accept their funding. On good terms."

"Wait, Howard. I have a question... Can you listen without misunderstanding?" The surprise they felt when they first heard the number 30 million dollars had already disappeared. It was a difficult suspicion to understand.

"Go ahead."

They exchanged glances and cautiously opened their mouths.

"If the company is improving when it needs additional funding because it's growing, why stop the investment? Didn't you say there's enough money?"

"Money can come from various sources. They must be people with a lot of experience in investments, right? Witnesses to countless successes and failures in Silicon Valley. Additional funding means it's time for their advice. Don't push away people who will pour out precious advice."

They probably didn't expect to hear such words. Engineers hate investor interference the most.

"But don't abandon your values, either. The goal may change little by little as the company grows, but it's best not to let your values be shaken, right?"

"Okay, what about the latter case? Do we have conditions for recovering the investment if our business fails?"

"Then, I'll start over and pour money until it succeeds again. Even if it's 100 million or 1 billion dollars, if it's necessary. How about that? Does that answer your question?"

It seemed like a very good answer. There were waves of emotion in the expressions of the two people.

"Howard, you really believe that our Google will definitely succeed."

Don't talk nonsense. Google must succeed for the Fourth Industrial Revolution to begin. Those words were circulating in my mouth, but I couldn't say them out loud, so I just nodded my head.

"I understand well enough. But you can't make investments based on abstract faith... Can you tell us the specific numbers now?"

I still confuse the two people's names a bit. Both of them have dark brown hair, so I can only tell them apart by their appearance. Is the more handsome one the Russian guy, Sergey?

"Okay, Sergey. I already know, but I don't plan to have voting rights. Let the two of you jointly exercise the voting rights in proportion to the shares I will hold. And in exchange for the future investment of $30 million, I want equal stake of the two of you."

At the mention of "equal," the two of them blinked at each other.

"What? You're not suggesting that you want us to split everything unevenly... You're not making some kind of oath like that, are you? It's not a wedding, right?"